[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I come to terms with the fact that I'm not beautiful
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (132 KB, 700x1050) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
132 KB, 700x1050
How do I come to terms with the fact that I'm not beautiful (example like pic related)? People say that beauty isn't everything, but it really is in society. It influences how you're brought up, how people treat you, and as a result of those things your personality and confidence.
>>
>>16631853

In most cases, you can get to a 6 or 7 with excellent fitness, skin care, good makeup, etc. Especially by US standards.
>>
>>16631853
Lift until someone loves you.
>>
your are probably someone's 10/10.
and that girl is probably someone's 2/10.

looks are all relative to men.
i know this dude who is pretty handsome ( no homo ) but he married a girl that's way below his level, but he doesn't see it like that at all. he's really happy.
>>
>>16631853
pic related is wearing makeup
>>
>>16631950

Bullshit. Utter bullshit.
>>
>>16631962
what exactly is bullshit?
it's my anecdotal opinion.
>>
>>16631962
He has a point. My ideal has some really fucked up facial aesthetics. Most girls that have them have poor self image, but they drive my nuts to bursting.
>>
>>16631963

Your opinion is shit. There are objective standards of beauty. Sure, some people have strange fetishes but they are:

a). Rare.
b). Usually fucked up as hell.
c). Out of practical consideration when considering both of the above.
>>
>>16631853
There's pretty much someone that will always find you attractive or at least settle. Example, I knew this girl who was by objective standards a 2/10 at most. She was single as long as I knew her. Anyways, for some reason I decided to look on her fakebook. She met a guy who is on her level and they genuinely seem happy.
>>
>>16631971
Okay son, you're autism is showing.

Anyways, OP. Beauty is subjective to everyone.
Sound more like you have a self confidence issue.
>>
>>16631970

I still disagree with you. You want a fat bitch? You want one with undeveloped glutes that can't even squat lol2plaet? One with acne all over her face and fucked up teeth?

Some things are just objective when it comes to beauty, and I think people arguing otherwise don't have any sort of real point.
>>
>>16631977

>Okay son, you're autism is showing.

See >>16631980, skippy. Next you will be calling me an autist when I claim being wealthy and healthy is objectively good.
>>
>>16631980
That's someone's fetish, m8.
>>
>>16632001

But then we come back to >>16631971 imo.
>>
>>16631853
Dress better than her. That outfit is terrible.
>>
>>16631980
i find those /fit/ girls disgusting actually.
and yea there are a lot of guys that like chubby girls. obviously disfigured or something will severely reduce your chances, but there's always people who will overlook or cherish such things. i man i remember people here flipping their shit over a girl with cerebral palsy and amputees.
>>
File: prosthetichandwave.gif (4 MB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
prosthetichandwave.gif
4 MB, 360x360
>>16632028

>i man i remember people here flipping their shit over a girl with cerebral palsy and amputees.

And back to >>16631971
>>
>>16632038
> i don't agree with it, therefore it's rare and/or disgusting
k
>>
>>16632008
There are 7 billion people on the planet. If one percent of them have fucked up fetishes that make OP attractive, half of them are male, and 80 percent of them are straight then that leaves 28,000,000 potential mates in her dating pool. Twenty eight fucking million shit opinions that make OP fuckable vs your notion of some bizarre objective beauty.
>>
>>16632061
>>16632054

>>>/s/

You don't see a pattern? Not in model selection either? Not in TV stars that people obsess over? None?
>>
>>16631980

That can all be fixed by not having a shitty diet.

If you're not even bothering to take care of yourself, don't complain when people call you ugly, because they mean it both inside and out.
>>
>>16632089

>That can all be fixed by not having a shitty diet.

And working out. And having excellent dental hygiene and care. And having excellent skin care. And knowing how to do make up. And having no deformities. Etc. Boom, we are back to objective.
>>
>>16632079
Some people want what they've been conditioned to want. /s/ is filled with fantasy and editing for the purpose of sexual gratification. There's also /d/ for people with different desires. Who people end up in relationships with rarely comes down to whether or not they tick off all the boxes in a person's checklist of sexual ideals. People have some hard baselines for mates, but beyond that, it comes down to proximity and personality in great measures.
>>
>>16632109

>People have some hard baselines for mates, but beyond that, it comes down to proximity and personality in great measures.

I don't disagree with this part, but I think physical appearance is important and, as mentioned earlier, people generally want similar things in terms of health (not in the /fit/ sense of the word), symmetry, and gender-specific features (strong jawline for men, proportionately wide hips for women, etc).

Also, while there's nothing wrong with jerk off to /d/ once in a while, you aren't seriously making the point that this is a common PREFERENCE (as in, for an actual relationship) in most cases.

Also, I didn't ignore your 7 billion post, but imo your math is way the fuck off. Most people know hundreds of people, not hundreds of thousands, so chances drop off there.

Also, it's not like they have a fetish site for whatever your preferred facial features are.
>>
File: aryan girl.jpg (21 KB, 278x418) Image search: [Google]
aryan girl.jpg
21 KB, 278x418
>>16631853
>that
>beautiful
she's an ugly spic/sandnigger
1/10 at best
pic related is what is considered beautiful
how can non-aryan girls even compete?
>>
What?
>>
sext me
>>
>>16632743
>>>/pol/
>>
>>16631853
This thread deteriorated fast.

First off, most people that aren't 'beautiful' usually aren't trying that hard. I firmly believe that the vast bulk of women can be fairly attractive by taking care of your body.
You're not necessarily someone else's 10/10, but everyone is someone else's 7/10

Good luck OP
>>
File: 18s4ddwiqeelijpg.jpg (70 KB, 494x580) Image search: [Google]
18s4ddwiqeelijpg.jpg
70 KB, 494x580
>>16632743
"Aryan" women look like shit with no makeup on.
>>
For some reason i have the opposite problem

People call me beautiful all the damn time but I don't believe them

I take really shitty photos too
>>
>>16632895
This isn't a problem, this is fantastic

You've managed to trick everyone around you into thinking you're attractive

teach me your ways master
>>
>>16632104
these are all things you can fix if you get a hold of your life.

You might never be beautiful, but at least show some respect for yourself as a human being and you might get respect.
>>
>>16631853
I am on the same boat, OP
its shitty but what can you do
>>
>>16631853
what do you think pic related will accomplish in her life except spawing babies on an already suffocating earth ?
pic related has a pretty smile of contempt, is brandising her giant pair of boobs like victory, and the 5000 to 8000$ ring to confirm this.

Is for you success being someone else s ''thing'' ?
Digest the pain and forge your character, go outside and do something great.
>>
File: dana.jpg (290 KB, 2048x1365) Image search: [Google]
dana.jpg
290 KB, 2048x1365
ITT: people thinking beauty is subjective

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3013552/

http://www.springer.com/cda/content/document/cda_downloaddocument/9783319178660-c1.pdf?SGWID=0-0-45-1523171-p177357967

There's some subjectivity to it, like some people absolutely love blondes and detest brunettes or whatever. But the main features are almost universally the same for everyone in (almost) every culture.

Lookism is the biggest form of discrimination in our societies. Not racism or sexism or any of that bullshit. Fact of the matter is that if you look good, you'll have a huge advantage in life.

http://www.cluteinstitute.com/ojs/index.php/JABR/article/download/7223/7293

It can range from jail free card to simply making more money

http://www.businessinsider.com/beautiful-people-make-more-money-2014-11?IR=T

Imho, if you're ugly then don't bother even having children. They'll go through the same pain as you and only always be second class citizens.
>>
>>16633400
>http://www.springer.com/cda/content/document/cda_downloaddocument/9783319178660-c1.pdf?SGWID=0-0-45-1523171-p177357967

Literally first two sentences
>In most categories of life deemed to be important, beautiful people achieve more
desirable outcomes. Human beings prefer to associate with the most beautiful as
these people are considered to be more successful, intelligent, and interesting than
their unattractive counterparts

well, time to an hero
>>
Beauty is for people stupid enough to think the dead don't rot.

Do you know the dead rot?

Because beauty queens are worm food, so fuck them, they're dead and empty already.

You do you, don't give a fuck 'bout none but you.
>>
>>16633400
Shit dude, you really hate ugly people, huh?
>>
>>16631853
Hygiene/weight impacts a lot, as well as wearing clothes and finding a hair cut that actually suits you, focus on getting to a point where you can take a photo of yourself that you would be happy to send to someone you want to fuck/attract.
Additionally confidence is hugely important, luckily pretending to be confident is almost equal to real confidence; just pretend you're not yourself, but someone that has their shit together and act like them, fictional or just your ideal version of someone. Basically act like a sociopath until it works.
>>
>>16633400
>But the main features are almost universally the same for everyone in (almost) every culture.
Fuck the fuck off, every race has vastly different qualities for their "perfect girl", even if it is subtitles in nose differences it still matters.
>>
Everyone can be beautiful if you try hard enough, both ways and both genders

You arent in good enough shape
You arent dressing well enough
You arent succesful enough
Your complexion could do with some work
You arent interesting enough as a person (e.g. Get some hobbies and a fun passion)
You dont have an attractive attitude

All things you could work on. If you are complaining about not being beautiful enough but still have things you could do, then you're just lazy

Also: You dont have to be perfect to be beautiful. Imperfections can make you beautiful
>>
>>16633941
>anecdotes vs scientific studies

muh delusions
>>
>>16632079
>>16632137

People will want what they're told to want, for the most part. Because people are sheep and like what media tells them to like

But thats not everyone

I like pale skin, braces, a slight pot belly etc. All things most people consider "not attractive"

But to each their own. Theres someone out there for everyone.
>>
>>16632784

Cherry picking
>>
I'm ugly too!
It's fine. I'm probably somewhere between 3-4/10 (very asymetrical face, weak jaw, large nose, butt chin, eyes too close, droopy eyes, jaw too wide, lips too thin - and that's just the face). I've never had issues finding a date, even with guys objectively far more attractive than me. People are less shallow than you think.

As a bonus:
1.you'll never have to worry about people just using you for sex
2. you'll never have to worry about not being taken seriously in the workplace for being "just a pretty face"
3. people won't be jealous and two-faced behind your back
4. you don't have to worry about losing your looks as you age

Stop worrying about it and just have fun. Life as an ugly person can be pretty gr8
>>
>>16633400
I get your point, and don't wholly disagree with it.

But you're assuming that this importance upon personal appearance will continue with our species throughout the future. What a selfish thought! If unattractive intelligent folk didn't breed, we'd be in a pickle.

Simply because a large emphasis is placed upon your looks on this day, doesn't mean that it will be so within half a century. Think of the big picture, man!
>>
>>16634029
That's an attitude I can fall in love for.

OP I like small white girls with small tits and big asses. Wearing glasses is a pro and a cute smile makes a girl 10/10 for me.
>>
She is your view of beauty? That bitch is gross
>>
>>16632137
Turbo manlet pls go
>>
>>16634339

Mad.

>>16634173

No taste.

>>16633400

Saved for later use, ty. I am going to read later, but from what I remember, they were all about symmetry, or are these different?
>>
>>16631853
Is that girl beautiful or a whore?
>>
OP here, wow.

There's nothing I can do about my ugliness though, it's the bone structure of my face that's horrible. I have the squarest jaw and big nose etc
>>
>>16631971
>trying this hard to blame something else on your own failures

Phew. Welp, if it helps keep it up, I guess.
>>
>>16635748

Post a pic of yourself, block your eyes and let /adv/ rate you if you want to really know how ugly you are.
>>
File: image.jpg (277 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
277 KB, 960x1280
>>16635767
This is the only selfie I can find that I think shows how square my face really is when I'm not trying to hide it

I'm working on my acne, I actually have a lot of closed comedones that aren't visible.
>>
>>16635825
You look just like the girl in the pic you compliment fishing squareface
No one cares

> tfw bytch been waiting all night for someone to ask her to post a selfie
>>
>>16635825
Stop using the term closed comedones and you will be fine wirdo>>16635825
>>
>>16635825

You look cute, have an exotic look. You might not be a bombshell but you aren't ugly considering some of the wildabeast posted on here.

You are at least a 7/10.
>>
>>16635825
Hm... You go to Tennessee State don't you?

I'm pretty sure you're dating my friend.
>>
>>16635853
Nope I live in Maine

>>16635842
I look nothing like her?
>>
>>16635825

Wait how old are you? Your face might be wide enough for me to blow my load all over you kek.

Tits or gtfo.
>>
>>16635825
You look fine, with the right make up, hair and clothes you could look hot. Now stop crying.
>>
>>16635825
Easily 7/10 if you tried
>>
>>16636278
>7/10
>That hag
This is why you never take ratings on this board seriously. Holy shit at best she's a 4. That's with makeup.
>>
>>16636278
>>16635849

u wut

Anyway, OP, clean face, gym, learn to dance, etc, and you will find someone to love you.
>>
>>16632784
>women
>of all races
>>
Okay people of this thread, here's a question: I'm an ugly girl, but I'm not going to go to the gym, wear make up, or anything else. Now actually answer OPs question, without stupidity.
>>
>>16637623
How are your grooming and hygiene?
>>
>>16637637

Functional. But again, I don't see how that's relevant to the actual question at hand.
>>
>>16637623
>I'm an ugly girl, but I'm not going to go to the gym, wear make up, or anything else.
Then go to /r9k/ and whine. If you refuse to do anything about it to improve yourself, you are no better than the my feefees mfw no gf faggots there who whine all day and hate the world for not loving them.
>>
>>16637647

Is there another way to channel these negative feelings besides going to r9k?
>>
>>16637623
>OP's question
Sounds like you've accepted that you're a minger, not sure what you're looking for then.
>>
>>16637650
Yes there is, but that needs you to do something which you refuse so you severely limit your possibilities. If you just want acceptance and feel good about yourself, a circlejerk board is the best for you.
>>
>>16635825
make as many male children as you can please
>>
>>16631853
Be /fit/. Improve your posture. Improve your hair and skin. Learn to dress. Learn to make up.

And pro tip: Smile more, the more a woman smiles, the more attractive she becomes.
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.