[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>18 >no idea what i should do with my life >want good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: directionless.jpg (8 KB, 270x382) Image search: [Google]
directionless.jpg
8 KB, 270x382
>18
>no idea what i should do with my life
>want good earning job, but desk jobs bore me.

help
>>
>>16629600
What are you good at? What skills do you have? Are you planning to go to college?
>>
>>16629605
>What are you good at?
don't know. I like to think that i am pretty good at analyzing problems, ironically. Like the average person i guess i believe i'm pretty smart, but i have difficulties focusing on tasks that bore me.

>What skills do you have?
Good sense of economics, good at analyzing, and the past ~2 years i have figured out im good in stressfull/crisis situations.

>Are you planning to go to college?
One year in the army is up next. After that no idea. I guess i should.
>>
>>16629618
OP here.

I feel like i have a good potential of becoming whatever i want. I have also been told this all my life.
Really just sucks because i both hate underachieving and sitting at a desk.

not really sure which of them i hate the most.
>>
>>16629618
Maybe you can think about what you want to study when you are working in the army. Give it some time.
>>
>>16629639
It's just that i have given it some thought in the past year(s) without getting any closer to knowing what i want. I guess you are right though.

nice stamps, anon. beautiful
>>
File: image_thumb[28].png (226 KB, 265x351) Image search: [Google]
image_thumb[28].png
226 KB, 265x351
>>16629654
Maybe your experience in the army will give you some insight into what you want to do with your life. Maybe the job market will change a lot during that year. Just join the army and see how things go.
Thanks. I like stamps.
>>
>>16629660
out of curiosity anon. what do you do in life? honestly.
>>
File: 18770112840_6f5aff3650_b.jpg (395 KB, 875x1024) Image search: [Google]
18770112840_6f5aff3650_b.jpg
395 KB, 875x1024
>>16629667
I'm not as old as you think. Still figuring stuff out myself.
>>
>>16629679
good luck. and thanks.
>>
>>16629600
Consider going into trades, if you play it right you might end up owning a solid business, and if you coast, you'll still be making decent wages.

If you're good at math, then the sciences might be a good fit. Linear algebra and some calculus is required for most science degrees. If you struggle even slightly with first year calculus and linear algebra, change programs immediately.

Commerce, economics and other business degrees are very easy to obtain and open up a lot of doors.

Last bit of info,
Don't worry about it. Pick something you like, pick something you're good at or pick something that'll get you a job real quick. It doesn't matter. Making the "wrong" choice is better than wasting time thinking about it. Plus, if you make the best of it, there really isn't even a wrong choice.
>>
>>16629624
What have you worked at achieving?

Of that, what have you enjoyed?

I don't know what you think a "desk job" is, but to me, you writing that "desk jobs" bore you is the equivalent of saying that abstract thinking bores you.

You might want to explore a technician jobs or skilled mechanical work.
>>
>>16629600
Going to university, or multiple universities, in my case, helped me understand what I don't want to do and that helped me a fuck ton in finding my passion.

Honestly, you're young as fuck - apply for uni, meet new people, get to know yourself better before making any grand decisions. You shouldn't be worrying about working desk jobs when you're 18.
>>
>>16629600
Try welding
>>
>>16629618
When you do finally join the army, I wish you all the best. I'm 18 as well, and have started my career in the Marine Corps. Even though there's a rivalry, I still respect you for signing up. Very few will ever say that they know what you and I and a select group of individuals have been through.
Semper Fidelis.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.