[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /adv/, do you have pets? I've never had one but adopted
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 448x298) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 448x298
Hey /adv/, do you have pets? I've never had one but adopted a six months old cat about two days ago after dweling on the subject for about a year. Should have been great but so far it has given me nothing but anxiety. I'm not feeling attached and have no idea what to do with her.

Everyone knows I have a cat already but how bad would it sound if I gave up and brought her back to the shelter or something?
>>
if you have anxiety for an animal that basically takes care of itself then you got some problems you need to deal with

i suggest you to stay with it a few more days
>>
File: laughing dog.jpg (83 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
laughing dog.jpg
83 KB, 500x334
>he fell for the cat meme
enjoy your shit "pet" that attacks you whenever you try to show affection
>>
>>16629381
>>>/an/
>>
>>16629395
Seriously this.

There's a few dickbags because 4chan but for the most part they're helpful as fuck over there
>>
>>16629394
seconded. You should have gotten a dog.
I say give it a week, pet the cat. Maybe it will grow on you and you will decide you were a cat person after all.
But if you don't see it happening, return the cat immediately. It's stressful to change homes even for emotionless animals like cats.
>>
>>16629392
this
>>
File: 359.jpg (1 MB, 2848x2134) Image search: [Google]
359.jpg
1 MB, 2848x2134
>>16629381
Cats are funny things really. It takes them a week or two to settle in to a new place, and until they're comfortable they're assholes. Even then, you have to get to know the animal - unlike dogs, who's default reaction is "this is my favorite place/thing/person ever!", cats all have different personalities. We've got a couple that we take to schools for disabled children and the like, and even when the tards are trying to snatch them from one another by the limbs like toddlers fighting over a teddy they'll just sit there and purr. On the other end of the scale one of the cats I have at home will take all the fuss in the world when she comes to you for it, but if you try to pet her of your own volition she suddenly becomes a fluffy little ball of razor blades and toxoplasmosis.

As for what to do with your cat, just give it food, water, a littertray and a cardboard box, then do your level best to ignore it. Much like attractive women, moody cats often get upset when you act like you can't see it and they'll do their level best to make friends with you.

If you really have to then take it back to the shelter, but just be mindful of how much of a pain in the ass it is. I've never seen a shelter that wasn't oversubscribed, and the chances are there's allready another cat in the spot your one came out of.
>>
>>16629398
/an/ is really good for animal-related advice IMO.
>>
File: Monaco2011EgyptianMau.jpg (14 KB, 311x408) Image search: [Google]
Monaco2011EgyptianMau.jpg
14 KB, 311x408
>>16629381
>how bad would it sound if I gave up and brought her back to the shelter or something?
It's not that bad if things really do not work out (i.e. personality clash between you and the cat). Returning an animal to the shelter is not unheard of.
>>
>>16629515
Yup
>>
>>16629562
I got really good advice on /an/ for dog-keeping. I guess it works with felines as well.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.