[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Social Media Ghost
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: ghost-twitterer.jpg (95 KB, 600x398) Image search: [Google]
ghost-twitterer.jpg
95 KB, 600x398
I deleted my Facebook in 2012 when I realized my only friends were my ex, my ex's friends, and my family. I sold my iPhone when I realized it's only handy use was road directions. I've never had a Twitter, Instagram, or a Tumblr account. I have a Linkedin profile with about 10 connections, all of which are acquaintances from college.

Am I in danger of falling behind in society without a smartphone and social media? I'd like to think not, because every new technology has become incredibly streamlined and user-friendly. But I get worried every time I hear some new normie trend on the news (emojis, etc) and I'm not in the know.
>>
File: tumblr_njwwd13yhH1tl3gwco1_500.jpg (89 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_njwwd13yhH1tl3gwco1_500.jpg
89 KB, 500x334
>>16628974
Don't worry too much about it. There are a lot of people in rural/remote areas who are not keeping up with the latest technological trends.
>>
Nah you did the right thing. As long as you don't spend all that free time masturbating.
>>
>>16628974
I never was involved in social media, I have a shitty old phone, etc. It has its downsides, like not keeping up with trends and having less people willing to hang out with you, but if you don't care about that's stuff it's fine.

If you do, well that's what happens when you delete all your shit. Society has become very dependant on social media
>>
You ain't missing shit, but more bullshit. Life is better without all those things, save a nice computer/phone.
>>
i don't have any social media ether apart from skype, and even on skype I rarely talk to someone

but i think that if you want to make friends nowadays, social media is pretty much mandatory
>>
>>16628974
I just recently got a phone after a whole year of not having one. I had a instagram acc and all the other social thing you could imagine. But now that I have my phoen once again I'm not sure I really want it. My life worked perfectly without it and it almost only had negative inpact. Personally I wouyldn't be worried, as long as you have some sort of way to communicate with your closest friends and family there is no problem what so ever.
>>
>>16628974
Lack of social media is not the problem here.
You not having any friends is the problem.
Go out and meet people.
>>
>>16628974
Nope, u dont need social medua whoring
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.