[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am not a recreational drug user, but I have sleep problems.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: girlfriend-2.jpg (44 KB, 320x220) Image search: [Google]
girlfriend-2.jpg
44 KB, 320x220
I am not a recreational drug user, but I have sleep problems. I have routinely taken 50-100 mg of diphenhydramine off and on for several years (over 5 probably), I was wondering if this is safe or if I should stop using it.

I ask because before I moved to Australia, I could just pick some diphenhydramine off the shelf, but now I get a verbal warning and questions about my usage frequency every single time I buy it. I never really thought it was too dangerous because it was just on the shelf with no restrictions.

Is it safe for regular, non-recreational use?
>>
>>16628931

It is not a recreational drug even though some people use it as one. You can't put your self into the worst trip of your life if you take enough of it. One of my friends who takes an interest in drugs effect on your mind as you go through the trip, (mainly psychedelics and dissociatives, he jots down what he can on huge doses and recollects after. Somewhat like a science experiment) say that diphenhydromine is the closest trip you can get to real schizophrenia. Talking to people and them disappearing mid conversation is common. Hallucinating entirely different settings while performing tasks with objects that don't exist is also common.

Wouldn't recommend. There are better things to help you sleep.
>>
>>16628931
Another thing.

>thought it was safe because it's on the shelf with no restrictions.

Coming from a medical family I can tell you, some of the most dangerous drugs are the ones you can buy at a chemist. Just because a drug is illegal or prescription doesn't mean it is any more dangerous. Paracetamol will fuck you up if you abuse it. We aren't designed to pop pills, avoid them as much as you can.
>>
>>16628973

Well I don't abuse it, I just take the recommended dosage.
>>
Mitch Hedburg
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.