[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possible to turn an introvert to an extrovert? Me being
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (160 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
160 KB, 750x1334
Is it possible to turn an introvert to an extrovert?

Me being 20 beta af short dude i fucking hate having social anxiety and putting in so much effort to converse with strangers..id like to live my life like its a fucking buffet where i can taste everything, like people (esp women) but i fucking suck at small talk.

Im american stationed in europe and i love to travel but i fucking hate how i cant bring myself to meet the people of countries i visit. Im so god damn fucking quiet cause i never have something to say i dont get how people can talk about insignificant shit to strangers with such ease.

I hate being an anti social fuck.. how can i change??
>>
>>16627725
It's too hard to ask how was your day? How do you work? Your coworkers must think you're a fucking weirdo. I used to be like you but how hard can it be for you to say how is it going? Just talk no one gives a fuck about you.
>>
>>16627725
Op, don't worry about making small talk. Nobody likes it.

Here's the key to being a good conversationalist: be a good listener. People love to talk about themselves. Ask people about things you're interested in as well.

There are two acronyms to remember when asking people questions. Always use FORD (Family Occupation Recreation Dreams) and avoid RAPE (Religion Abortion Politics Economics)

Most importantly, give yourself time. You won't change overnight, it might take a while. Be patient and keep trying.

This is coming from a 21 y/o introverted grill.

Also you're qt and I would probably sweat bullets trying to talk to you.
>>
from my experience, the hate you have about yourself being quiet usually makes things worse

treating yourself with compassion is something that can be helpful to you
>>
>>16627752
its keeping the convo going with the person engaged that i fuck up..i just have nothing to say about them or me unless im really close to them

>>16627782
Fuck..be my coach pls!!

>>16627797
word
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.