[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I was thinking about going without a house for a while. Gym
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: spark.jpg (17 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
spark.jpg
17 KB, 320x240
So I was thinking about going without a house for a while. Gym membership for showers, laundromat instead of washer and dryer, sleeping at friends' houses or motels as need be. I don't really have that much stuff. Like, if I get rid of my current bed I can fit everything I own in my car and still have room for a passenger.

My question is how feasible is this? What am I missing, not thinking about? I work near Wentzville, MO and play in and around Saint Charles.
>>
pic related
its my car
>>
seems like a bad time...
>>
You have to weigh up the social disadvantages of living in your car (including how potential employers will view you) against the BS of living with someone who will have the power over you.
>>
>>16627577
I have a stable job already though
>>
>>16627537
It will fucking suck. Your back will be constantly sore and you'll be be ready to sell your soul for a little privacy or a bed you could sleep in consistently for more than a day or two. You'll also spend a shitload more on food since you won't have steady access to a kitchen -- or are you one of those people who eats out constantly?
>>
>>16627609
i dont own dishes so yeah lol
i only really cook when i am at my friends house
I'll probably be sleeping at one or the other of my friends' houses three days a week
I work night shift so it'll be in their bed, because they are day shift
>>
>>16627537
>sleeping at friends' houses or motels as need be.
are motels really cheap where you are styaing, because I dont see how that would save you money
>>
im sure they will be thrilled
>>
>>16627611
>'ll probably be sleeping at one or the other of my friends' houses three days a week
I can tell you pretty much off the bat, you wouldnt remain a friend of mine very long if your idea of saving money is coming to my home and sleeping most of the week.
>>
>>16627660
I would have to do more than eighteen nights in my local motel to go over what my current rent is...
31 days in a month minus sixteen at friends houses is never going to be eighteen.
>>
>>16627666
I've spent the last four months sleeping at their house at least four days a week. We hang out constantly. In may we are moving in together if that helps
>>
>>16627672
Are you a very sexual woman since friends wouldnt mind having you stay at their place over several days each month?

I mean, I would help a friend out if it was a crisis. I sure as hell wouldn't be a bed and breakfast throughout the year for them.
>>
>>16627685
um, we arent those kind of friends
would it really change the dynamics that much if they knew i couldnt just go home anytime?
>>
>>16627700
what you are proposing is basically being a mooch. Your proposal is basically half way staying for free with these people up until you are officially moving in.

Now you are staying over because it's what happens. Once you become homeless they know you will sleep in a car once they throw your ass out.

And it doesnt really sound like you would save too much money anyhow.

But your choice, if it suits your plans i dotn give a shit what you do.
>>
>>16627712
hmm, what if i dont tell them
also i buy them food and gas and shit all the time already. im not a freeloading mooch
>>
they're going to find out...
>>
how long have you known these people? spending that much time with some people sounds like you are still in the honey moon stage of the friendship which will end fast once you pull this shit
>>
>I would have to do more than eighteen nights in my local motel to go over what my current rent is...
then move someplace cheaper.
>>
>>16627887
my current place is the cheapest near my work and when you calculate gas the cheapest places elsewhere would be just as or more expensive
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.