[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hate meeting the family
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (110 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
110 KB, 640x1136
Is it normal to hate having to meet / integrate into your SO's family? Every time I have to do it it just feels tedious and wrong. lately she says I don't seem to enjoy spending time with her giant extended family whose names I can't ever remember, and it's kind of true. Like, I'll do it because she wants me to, but beyond that? Nah. She also can't comprehend why I prefer to keep my family, work, and romantic/social lives separate, and why I'm not overly fussed about spending time with her and my senpai. I just don't see a need to; never have with anyone I've dated. I'd rather spend as little time with my family around my SO as possible.

Is my situation sort of common, or am I just a weird outlier? Any advice with how to deal?
>>
>>16627375
What kind of sociopathic niggafag doesn't want to spend time with his family?

Also lol at the word filter changing *f*a*m* to Senpai desu
>>
>>16627381
Me ;)
>>
>>16627375
Depends on how long you've been with your SO. Is this a years-long relationship? If yes, then you should make an honest effort to get along and integrate. If not, who fucking cares.
>>
That's what I don't get. How can you and OP form a relationship if you don't seem to be able to integrate or function within a family unit? Once the honeymoon period wears off, even if you're not starting your own family, you'll be expected to integrate into your SO's
>>
>>16627394
Six months. Idk. Is this a common issue in relationships?
>>
>>16627471
I think it is because different people expect different things. I never mentioned or brought my boyfriends to meet family unless it was a fairly serious relationship lasting more than one year. Just seemed pointless to do anything sooner.
>>
Have you attempted to get to know them op?
>>
>>16627525
Nah. I've had a few conversations with them. They just don't interest me as people and I generally prefer to keep to myself.
>>
>>16627656
It's common for people not to like each other, but there must be someone you find interesting to keep your SO happy at least.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.