[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
College & Shiiiiiitttttt
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: logo-mit.png (23 KB, 739x168) Image search: [Google]
logo-mit.png
23 KB, 739x168
Alright /adv/

I'm applying to college right now and im applying to a lot of places (No clue where Ill get in)

Here's a brief description of me
White Middle Class, 3.85 GPA (Fuck spanish class, 4.45 weighted, 18/250 Class rank)
Eagle scout, team captain, club founder/president tutor
tons of ap classes
34 ACT

How realistic are these schools and what do you recommend:

Schools:
-Vermont (for the lulz)
-Villanova
-UMD
-MIT
-Harvard (half for the lulz half just cuz)
-Vtech
-UCLA
-Berkeley
-Carnegie
-Cornell
-Upenn
-USNA (nominated)
-Rice

Do you guys have personal experience with any of these colleges? Any of these schools super liberal so much so that I have to avoid?
Mech engineer major btw
>>
>>16626502
Aplly to MIT and CIT, worth it anon
>>
apply to princeton and if you get in, post on the class page "ayy lmao" and ill be your friend next year
>>
>>16626502
>ny of these schools super liberal so much so that I have to avoid?

lel, every American university runs rampant with liberalism. Every single one will have a LGBT club, diversity festivals/fairs, feminist rallies, etc. Sorry kiddo. You need to learn to grow the fuck up and avoid situations you don't enjoy. If you're doing college correctly, you'll never be a part of anything you don't want to be, because you'll be too busy being engaged in the things you like.
>>
With what you say you have you can get into the following: Vermont, Villanova, Vtech, UCLA and Rice

the others are too picky
>>
>>16626502

I went to UC Davis, which is one place behind LA in the UC system (depending on who you ask). By and large no one cares where you did undergrad UNLESS the school is really well known for something (Davis, for instance, has unparalleled agriculture and geology programs). Otherwise people look at the projects you did in undergrad.

So of the schools you get into choose the one you like the atmosphere of the most.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.