[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hi /adv/. I want to reinvent myself. For a majority of my life,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: tumblr_mp4kg3ynBH1rwe56eo1_540.jpg (157 KB, 540x809) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mp4kg3ynBH1rwe56eo1_540.jpg
157 KB, 540x809
hi /adv/.

I want to reinvent myself. For a majority of my life, I've hated myself and always tried to be someone other than me. Even when i picture myself in my own mind, I conjure up the image of someone else. I'm not content in my own skin.

I have a stutter which essentially make me a shut in with very few close friends, but I want to change. I want to become a more independent, sociable, charismatic and confident person. I want to become a person who i can be proud of and confident in. I've been bullied, manipulated, and led on too many time.

I'm willing to do anything to change, but I want to change so much that i don't know where to start.

What do you think /adv/? What should I do?
>>
>>16625718

Sounds like an empty pursuit down vanity lane
>>
>>16625718
Write down a list of things you want to change about yourself.
Start by the easiest things to change (diet, training, waking up early, changing habits). Take time to get used to your new life. Like, change one thing per month.
Do things outside of your comfort zone to get more independent. Travel on your own, start a new sport, join a team, go back to school.
>>
Be:
>Well dressed, check /fa/
>Interesting: du you have certain skills, or interests? Try /lit/ or /trv/ or /mu/
>not beta. Grow some balls, be secure of what you are doing, don't care about others.

Is there a possible therapy for your stuttering? I don't know much about that.

Post more details for more specific advice.
>>
>>16625862
Looks like reddit arrived
>>
>>16625864
He's actually giving good advice you tripfuck
>>
>>16625874
That's a female and they can't greentext

They also typed du and suggested /mu/

Then progressed to the alpha beta nonsense

Finally they didn't know speech therapy existed

My conclusion is they're a stupid tourist from reddit and so are you
>>
>>16625862
I'm in uni for classical singing, but I stopped pursuing it. It's a dying art in america. Opera singers who study for 6-7 years are resorting to singing in bars for pennies. In 10-15 years, opera will cease to exist in america. I learned music theory and piano there.

I want to make my own music. I've torrented Ableton, Sibelus and photoshop. I have a keyboard and MPC24. I'm enrolled in creative writing course next semester to help get started in writing songs.

I frequent /fa/ so i think i'm at least half way decent in the outer appearance category.

I just feel as thought I have nothing to show for my time on earth. I'm 21, about to graduate from uni and haven't accomplished anything yet. Everyone compliments me on getting this far, but for what? 60k in debt for a piece a paper for a field I want nothing to do with?
>>
>>16625878
>>16625852
Why are even here man? I honestly want to know. What are you providing to OP with your edgy cynicism? or are you masquerading as some pseudo-gestalt psychologist?
>>
>>16625878
Christ, just shut the fuck up and go back to >>>/b/

If anything you sound like a god damn Ledditfag

>boohoo, me no like post format so imma go shitpost like the tripfaggot I am and pretend I have a point to prove
Get >>>/out/
>>
File: americanpsycho.gif (422 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
americanpsycho.gif
422 KB, 500x281
>>16625892
redditor btfo

>>16625889
I'm not here for the OP I'm here for me ;)
>>
>>16625907
>LOL GUIS LOOK AT ME TROLL!!!1 SO FUNNY AMIRITE
You are a special kind of loser.
>>
>>16625918
upvoted reblogged retweeted liked shared subscribed digged and followed

simply epic response my friend
>>
>>16625926

>>
>>16625933

>>
>>16625880

Well maybe try to travel to Europe or Asia to see if there might be places where someone with your education can find a good job, there are still many operas here in Europe.
>>
>>16625962
Thanks for the advice. I will look into it.
>>
>>16625718
bump
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.