[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Long story short,my friend let me use his moped for a couple
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: pieceofpie.png (78 KB, 240x253) Image search: [Google]
pieceofpie.png
78 KB, 240x253
Long story short,my friend let me use his moped for a couple of weeks,I moved states but left him the moped in my old roommates driveway and my roommate sold it without a title the same day I left,she also admitted it to him she did.
Can I be in any legal trouble for her stupidity??
>>
>>16624589

ehhhh i would imagine not. especially if he agreed to that driveway as its pick up place. if your roommate is the real culprit well then they have no reason to come after you
>>
>>16624610
Okay cause I sent him a message with the photo of the moped right before I got on the taxi and left and he just said it wasn't there the day after,and he sent me a screenshot that she did sell it without knowing of the title was needed and such,I Dont want to be thrown in jail for some dumbfucks choices,I also kept screenshots for it if it'll help
>>
>>16624624

it will help, but if she already admitted to this its her he needs to press charges against. realistically he should be able to go to who they sold it to, make her give the money back and then show the title and take the moped.

if not he needs to press charges and such.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-30-20-32-00.png (674 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-30-20-32-00.png
674 KB, 1080x1920
>>16624632
Here's the shot he sent me with the convo with her,I never told her anything about ownership because she may get nosy about it and stuff.
But he's being lenient to her asking for a statement since she didn't know that was illegal
>>
>>16624655

etiher way shes the one who stole it. but it was loaned out to you, i dont know local law, but if i had to guess you'd be fine.

shes the one who has the money, knows who she sold it to etc.

but again, i dont know local law and in most modern places you can be sued for anything. and even if you win there is stil lthe legal fees so you'd lose either way.

the best you can do is save this stuff, and pressure the roommate to contact hte person and get the moped back. have him call the cops if need be.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (9 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
9 KB, 480x360
>>16624589
Corey Taylor should lift. He already has the neck.
>>
>>16624674
Alright,well I told him to contact cops and stuff,I just saved everything for evidence in case I get something out for me and Shit.
Hopefully they solve it before it gets worse
>>
>>16624589
No, push all possible blame onto her. It's her fault, let her deal with all the fallout.
>>
>>16624589

shitty roommate bro. thank god you moved.
>>
>>16624694
She admitted she sold it so its up to friend to press charges on her lol
>>16624696
For real,I moved out and she got one of my cars impounded and I left her my big HDTV and other stuff to sell if she can't meet ends with me leaving
>>
>>16624708

wow. you're a bit of a pushover OP. im glad you got away though. time to grow man.
>>
>>16624713
It happens anon,I'll try my best to get better thanks
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.