[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
tl;dr Wanna start a new life, would like to hear your stories
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: Nothingness.jpg (56 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Nothingness.jpg
56 KB, 500x375
Hello /adv/,

I have no current goals in life. You could count the number of people I can really call "friends" with only one hand's fingers. The thing I'm currently studying in university, despite being quite interesting, won't lead me to anything concrete after graduating and it is more and more difficult to cohabitate with my parents, who think I'll become a failure (even though they don't want that for me, I'm in the path of becoming one...).

Everything I do, I see and I feel are currently meaningless to me.

Because of this, I hardly find any motivation to do anything; all I do is staying at my house (thus, I'm often skipping school) playing video games, reading and browsing the Internet, I have trouble going out, even to see my friend. The only time I kinda force myself to go out is to go to my music lessons but I barely practise them at my home.
I'm genuinely aware of that and it really scares me, considering I'm only 19.

I want to change that.

I've been thinking a lot lately about backpacking around the world for at least one year. I really, really want to travel. Though, even if the thought of it is really appealing to me, I'm kinda scared of it and wonder if it would still be a good idea.

So, here are (finally) my questions : Is it wise to go backpacking considering my actual state of mind ? Could some people who started a new life (not necesserally by traveling) before me share their experience and their advice to me ?
>>
>>16623191
Do it, I'm sure you won't get murdered by some stranger.
>>
>>16623206
I'm sure I won't too. The thing I'm scared of is the unknown. That's why I would like to hear some stories to reassure myself.
>>
>>16623191
Hello, Random Guy. You sound like me, but with a goal in life. Good! :D
Here are your options:
>studying in university, despite being quite interesting
Make the most of it. Read/study and expand on what interests you, and find ways you can relate it with other areas of your interest. eg. If you're studying physics, relate it to your music lessons. Find a common ground and explore that area. See what others have done similarly. Internet resources are vast, you may find something. Finding relations may help you reach meanings.

>won't lead me to anything concrete after graduating
I'm doing odd but related jobs to my field. See how diverse you can spread yourself while still relating to what you've studied. Work experience is anyway VERY different than what you study.

>difficult to cohabitate with my parents
Find a part time job related/unrelated to your area of interest. Or study or practice outside. Get away from their negative thoughts for as many hours as is possible for you. One of your goals can be moving out, for which you will have to earn accordingly and so will have to orient yourself that way.

>backpacking around the world for at least one year
If you're scared to try out, then start with a more touristy place close to home. And it can be just a few days trip. Then as you cover more ground, you will come by very different experiences. As a guy, you can actually meander through alleys and slightly shady areas too (if you're into that). With this base, you can take a leap of faith and cover new territories far and wide. And the globe will be a small place then.

Good luck! ^_^
>>
>>16623266
Thank you for your answer !
I'm studying a licence called "Culture & media" in french. The thing is, I wanna keep the music as a hobby, I don't wanna feel any kind of pressure because of my job and makes me hate it.
Actually, I was thinking, as a summer job, working in the southern England coast to pratice my english and help me gain money to make the beginning of the travel easier.

I'll still be glad to hear some stories from other anons !
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.