[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have this problem I don't know what to do about. I want
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: no-anime.jpg (159 KB, 400x350) Image search: [Google]
no-anime.jpg
159 KB, 400x350
I have this problem I don't know what to do about. I want to watch anime more, but whenever am in a position I could actually watch it (at a TV or computer), I have this "mental block" where I suddenly feel like I'd rather do anything else than watch anime. How do I get over this?

In addition, my friends watch it, so I don't want to give it up because then I'll have less to connect with them on, also I have liked it in the past. Have I "outgrown" it or something?
>>
>>16622913

im the same way about a lot of things. certain shows, certain movies, even certain video games. i LOVE the idea of playing kingdom hearts 2 cuz its so pretty and i enjoyed it last time i played.

but its hard to force me to sit down and do it, most of the time id rather just be on 4chan.

you cant really force yourself to do it other than forcing yourself to do it.

only advice i can give is pick a friend to do a watch through with, and make goals together 'by friday we watch ten episodes then discuss them' etc.
>>
how old are you?
also, what kind of anime are you trying to watch?
watch good anime, some recs
Cowboy Bebop
Samurai Champloo
The girl that leapt through time (movie)
Ghost in the shell (movie)
>>
>>16622947
I'm 21 and I watch a little of everything, though for some reason I tend to gravitate towards cutesy SoLs and magical girl stuff.
>>
I find that if I just force myself the initial unease, I can easily watch ten episodes in a sitting.
I also used exercising as an excuse. I would bike on my stationary for the time it takes to watch one or two episodes.
>>
Also include your friends. Invite them over and watch it together
>>
>>16623045
>cutesy SoLs and magical girl stuff.
that's your problem senpai
Try welcome to the NHK fo SoL, madoka magica for magical girl stuff.
Also I would recommend reading manga instead. Oyasumi Punpun is really good for a SoL.
>>
>>16623045
Ah right, the faggot otaku, you're what's wrong with anime the past 2 decades.
>>
File: 1400985439735.jpg (202 KB, 717x880) Image search: [Google]
1400985439735.jpg
202 KB, 717x880
>>16623224

except both of those genres are older than 20 years

>being an elitist over japanese cartoons
>>
Like anything OP ... You can get tired of it. I'm like you, currently on a 3 month break. So instead of dwelling on it. I am doing other things. Motogatari and its various off-shoots is what made me stop watching anime.

It was so fucking bad and I forced myself to see all of it, thinking it would get better. ( It didn't. ) ... But it let me focus and try and do other things. My desire to watch more anime, many of which I've bought but yet to watch. Some downloaded or open to stream. But that show fucked it all up. All good, next year... I'm going to go back to watching only shows I've bought and have yet to see.

This will happen again to you, like it does to us all. Just find new things to do.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.