[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Need some help.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: received_1226949650665997.gif (1006 KB, 500x220) Image search: [Google]
received_1226949650665997.gif
1006 KB, 500x220
I need some help on fucking someone over as much as he has fucked my life. My best friend and roommate came to me in May and asked if his brother could move in because his family was fucking nuts. I agreed because she is my best friend and I trusted her. Her brother had been living with us for about two weeks before shit started going sour. He complained that my cooking contained too many veggies and that I needed to change this because he won't eat it. My stance was to suck it the fuck up because he is an adult and can cook for himself. I'm cooking for my boyfriend, myself and my two best friends ( I live in a 4 bedroom house). We found out I had gotten pregnant in June because my birth control just stopped working with my body for some reason after 3 years. We are excited and everything is going smoothly for about 2 months. He is still complaining refuses to do house work. In the past two months he refused to go outside to smoke a cigarette because it's cold... We live in Phoenix it's barely cold outside. So now, MY house smells like cigarettes and I keep threatening to kick him the fuck out because it's unacceptable. Beginning of December now. He says he is going on a visit to see his kids in Cali because he misses them. We are all ok with this but we wanted rent ($300) to be left behind because that needs to be paid. I leave to go to my OB appointment and come home to find my house trashed. Completely fucking ruined and so much stuff stolen. He broke our central air out of pure pettiness. He stole our tvs, kitchen appliances and a bunch of other stuff. All in all he cost us around $1500 in damages and he skipped out on rent. We are all very pissed and im unloading this now because we finally got the AC guy in here to tell us why our heat or ac working. Turns out he broke shit inside it becauae he was upset with us... We have no idea what we did. My best friend is heartbroken because she thinks all this is her fault. Can someone help.
>>
>>16618943

get evidence of everything, pictures of all the damage etc. Make a police report. There might not be much you can do as far as rent goes, because this story makes me doubt his name was ever on the lease, but you may be able to charge him for damages if you can get enough proof that it was him.
>>
He's not on a lease because I own my home. I just have bills... We all do
>>
>>16618958
This.

All you can do is document evidence, to the best of your ability, and keep receipts of service (like from the repairmen, as well as a written statement of what he repaired and the damage done). Then take him to court.
>>
We already did that but you can't find someone who doesn't want to be found... He never went back to Cali and the police have no idea where he is. I don't have the money to just say fuck it.
>>
>>16618966

I'm not sure what else you want us to say to you. That is literally all you can do, other than move on and wait for him to pop back up. The sister should probably put out a missing persons report, and then sue him effectively the moment they find him

It sucks, it really does, but your hands are effectively tied until he's located.

Renters insurance is also a great thing to have BEFORE these things occur
>>
As previously stated I own my home I don't rent. The missing persons report could do us help.
>>
>>16618978

okay well do you have home insurance with a theft/damage coverage?
>>
So in the end I just kind of fucked until the police find him... Well this is great.
>>
I'm not sure I'd need to talk to my SO about because he handles that stuff
>>
>>16618983

yeah well, its one of those lessons that you sometimes learn the hard way
trust your instinct next time
>>
>>16618983
Well, yeah. It sucks, but that's why you don't let people live with you unless you know them well (and even then, it can still be hit or miss).
>>
Fuck. We just gotta figure out how to pay our bills. Thats what shitty about this. We are both college students and he just graduated and got a job. He's a software engineer. I'm a psychology student. Things were already hella tight and I'm not quite sure how we are going to make this work. I guess pray for a fucking miracle
>>
We went be letting anyone else move in with us
>>
>>16619004
Well, what needs to be paid immediately? What can wait? How much money do you have between you?
>>
Well the repair and mortgage is due pretty immediately. The damage is a fire hazard the guy was surprised that our house hasn't caught fire. That's about $600 itself and then our mortgage is about $800 but we have half of that covered. Currently we have about $400 together and that's with our savings. My boyfriend doesn't get paid until Jan 24th because literally just got hired and doesn't start til the 4th. He gets his last check on Thursday for about $300 from his previous that he quit.
>>
That's why I said we were fucked... We have about half of what we need...
>>
>>16619038
Do you have any friends or family that would be willing to help you out?
>>
>>16619115
This. Just be honest and ask for help.

Btw I would love to revenge myself in this situation.
>>
I just want to fuck him over so badly right now..
>>
what is your friend saying about all this?
>>
>>16619996
Calm the fuckndown even if you can do that the damage is already done , try to use that energy to rework your home. I would recommende talking with your family if you dont want to do that maybe get a bank to loan the $.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.