[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
should I become an army officer?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 94466.jpg (18 KB, 225x346) Image search: [Google]
94466.jpg
18 KB, 225x346
I'm heading towards a cross road. I'll be graduating with a degree in neuroscience soon. I've realised I do not want to pursue research in any capacity.
So, I've been researching other options. marketing was one, but I dislike the office environment.
I have a military family, so I thought maybe becoming an intelligence officer would be an interesting career.
But I really don't know.
I need advice. Please help. I'm freaking out.
>>
youre signing up to be a tool for the elite. some people dont mind that, they just want an adventure, arent interested in long term global consequences or even want to be a part of that elite (no matter their role), but you have to ask yourself do i believe in this elite? do they represent me, my children, my country, etc.? do you agree with the ones steering the ship?
>>
>should I become an army officer?
No.
>>
>>16617671
Being in the military is a huge commitment.

You can't just decide one day you want to do something else.
>>
File: tin-foil-hat.jpg (19 KB, 350x290) Image search: [Google]
tin-foil-hat.jpg
19 KB, 350x290
>>16617708
You lost your hat.
>>
>>16617726
> governments always work primarily for the good of their constituents and not a small group of vested interests with means of leverage over those governments

do you really believe that anon?
>>
>>16617708
I have an almost insane obsession with obtaining a substantial level of power. So, yes, I wish to join the elite and have an influence on the future.
>>
>>16617756
well the intelligence services are a better option than the regular military, you will struggle to reach anywhere near the top without connections however
>>
>>16617715
This isn't a short term decision, the military has been an option from the age of 17. I'm now 23. My whole family are in the military.
>>
>>16617737
People volunteer to fight. Nobody is forcing them. Leadership also matters, the current US leadership is shit.
>>
>>16617760
What kind of connections are we talking about?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.