[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
dreams
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 1
i had a weird dream, could anyone here help me find the meaning to it?

Short explanation first: this dream includes a friend of mine. this friend was my best friend until i revealed that i had a crush on her, and showed it in my actions, and then she blocked me out and "dropped" me for a bit. she's still my friend, but the old feelings of a crush aren't really there anymore.

the dream started off with my mom, my sister, my friend, and i at my sibling's dad's house for a party. it was seemingly in the evening. i don't remember too much of the party, but that my friend and i were hanging out, and we were happy. then it went to everyone being in my mom's car, we were driving through a neighborhood, trying to find my friend's house. it wasn't my friend's neighborhood, nor did we pull up to her house, but we pulled up to a house that was apparently her family's. i walked up to the door with her, and then i gave her a long hug. the hug felt real, and i was smiling. then we both let go and i saw that she was crying. her face was all red, she was sobbing. i grabbed her shoulders and tried to ask her what was wrong, and she didn't answer so i hugged her again. my mom and sister were still in the car and honked the horn for me to go, but i screamed back something about my friend being upset. she pulled away from the hug and ran into her house. i pulled out my phone and immediately tried to message her to ask what was wrong. i started running to my mom's car and that's when the dream ended.

all during the scenes where we were at my sibling's dad's house, it seemed as if there was a yellow filter over everything i saw. all during the part where i was with my friend, hugging her, etc. it looked as though there was a white filter, though other colors were still prominent.

thanks
>>
There are a lot of things that seem to point out that you feel very lonely. And i guess it's pretty obviois that you still have feelings for your friend.
>>
>>16617470
First of all, I take the C.G. Jung approach to dreams, if that says you anything.
I have no idea why you have that dreams or what they mean, because i´m not you. This dreams are a generated by your subconsciousness and only have a message to you.
So I can only ask questions and maybe help you to understand your dreams, I can´t offer any clear message.

When driving around to find your friends house, did you feel like you were in the wrong neighborhood or was that a clear observation (the feeling of being in the wrong place and actually being in the wrong place are quite different in dreams)?

What do you think made her run away in your dream?

The white filter you mention in the end, was it still there when she ran away?
>>
>>16617470
Dreams don't have meaning themselves. The associated emotions and images cause us to project meaning onto the dream. So if you feel lonely you'll have a lonely dream. Obviously you haven't settled things with your friend so that's where this is coming from. Don't try and go any deeper than this.
>>
while driving to my friend's house, i noticed that it wasn't the right neighborhood, yes. and the white filter was still there after she ran, yes. thank you for your help, by the way.
>>
>>16617555
Did you think she run because your mom used the horn/you screamed at her or because of something else?

The white filter you talk about, did it light up the scenery and was positiv or did it make everything unclear/colorless like a bad Tv?
>>
>>16617565
i don't believe that's why, there was a slight pause in between my calling out to my mom and her running. and the white filter wasn't exactly positive, nor was it like a tv. more like a shitty instagram filter that made the edges of what i saw white, as well as the rest of what i saw. i can't really explain it much better than that.
>>
>>16617578
What do you think was the reason for her to run?
>>
>>16617595
i'm really not sure. i don't even know why she would've been crying in the dream, either, for that matter.
>>
>>16617599
Do you think it was because of you?
>>
>>16617611
it could be because of me? i guess. though, given that, in the dream, we went to a party and had a fun time, i don't see why it would be.
>>
>>16617642
Was the hug romantic in nature or more like a friend thing?

What was your interaction with her like during the party?
>>
Okay, dreams are your subconscious trying to tell you something. Each person in the dream represents an aspect of yourself. What? I can't tell you. But think of a trait from each of the people in your dream that stands out.

Vehicles are a representation of your body. If your mom's car is nice, you have a good feeling about yourself. Etc. Seems like your body has moved on but your mind hasn't yet, idk.

Take these with a grain of salt.

I had a dream last night that I bummed a cigarette off of a waiter I've had a long-standing crush on. I was having a horrible day and I told him I could really use a cigarette, and he said "but you don't even smoke!" As he lit both of our cigarettes. Anyone? Haha
>>
>>16617676
the hug was more of a friend thing, i hug my friends often when we're about to all go home or something. and i don't recall much about during the party aside from the fact that we were laughing together.
>>
>>16618070
You posted this thread to find meaning in your dream, so my question will sound a bit strange now.
What do you think, on a emotional level, this dream wants to show you or are you just confused about it?
>>
>>16618114
that's fine, you're more than allowed to ask me strange questions about this, haha. i think that the dream could be showing me some future sign of my friend and i's relationship? maybe some representation of our relationship, i'm unsure, honestly.
>>
>>16618129
If that should be the case, what does it tell you that all your interactions with her, including the hug , are on a friendship level?
>>
>>16618151
i can kind of see it as a reflection of what's currently going on with her and i. i thought that something was up with her for a while, and i tried to meet up with her one day to genuinely ask her what was wrong, and she ignored my request to meet me and allowed me to sit at a park by her place for about an hour. other things such as that have happened where i was there for her and she didn't let me know what was going on or got mad at me for some reason.
maybe it's a reflection of that?
>>
>>16618181
It seems like it might be, you have to know that.
What I find interesting in that context is your search for your friends house. Any opinions on that?
>>
>>16618202
i'm not so sure on that. the neighborhood was not the one that my friend lives in, it resembled more of another friend's neighborhood, so that's confusing. the house that we pulled up to and that her and i walked up to was not hers, i didn't recognize it.
>>
>>16618215
In the end she runs and isolates herself in a house you don´t recognize as hers. Maybe something to think about.
I have a little context question and it is more for you to think about than for me to obtain information.
Do you still have a crush on her and why do you crush on her?
The question of why you love/have a crush on someone is always strange and I totally realize that, but it is something were the thinking about matters more than a possible answer.
>>
>>16618247
that's actually a question that i wonder the answer to myself. like, why do i have a crush on her? or why did i? i've been friends with her for a little over a year, and at first, i hadn't noticed that i had a crush on her. and then it became obvious with the way i'd acted towards her and the way i'd always think about her. i figured it was because of how beautiful she is, how she'd always put her friend's before her, etc. i could make a seemingly never ending list. but then she started blocking me out because of how i had such a big crush on her and how it made her uncomfortable. and i don't know why, but i'd still go out with her if she'd ever ask. i'd still go above and beyond for her and i don't know why.
>>
>>16618343
>then she started blocking me out because of how i had such a big crush on her and how it made her uncomfortable.
Could you explain that a bit deeper?
>>
>>16617470
>>>/x/
They have dream interpretation generals.
>>
>>16617470
Dreams don't have meaning--it's all mental diarrhea. It's your mind on disk defrag for the night.
>>
>>16618386
C.G. Jung and Freud would strongly disagree with you, but of course your knowledge of Psychology is far better.
>>
>>16618362
i'd had a big crush on her, and when she slept over my house sometimes, we'd watch let's plays of different games in my living room. i'd generally try to move close to her and she'd move away. generally something of that type, or i'd give her a hug or something and she'd apparently get really uncomfortable with it, but never told me. then she outright stopped spending time with me except for one occasion where we went to a play together. aside from that, she hasn't been to my house in over a month.
>>
>>16618363
oh, my bad! i didn't know that there were generals for this sort of thing.
>>
>>16618394

It's a jumbled mess of images, emotions, memories, etc. There is no big picture, at least not in my dreams. But I lucid dream, so I probably use that time differently from most people.
>>
>>16618404
Do you think it is generally that form of close contact that makes her uncomfortable or it coming from you in particular?
>>
>>16618425
I really advice you to read the basic works of C.G. Jung on that matter, they are also quite simple to understand.
That your dreams seem random and without meaning, can have multiple sources, one of them simply being that you only remember parts of the dream.
>>
>>16618427
it's coming from me in particular. i thought that it was the close contact, but then i noticed that she had a thing for a friend of mine, and the hugged him, cuddled with him even right in front of me. she hugged everyone else before leaving that day and only hugged me when i asked.
>>
>>16618440
>one of them simply being that you only remember parts of the dream.
That would be strange, because when I lucid dream, I pretty much have full control over my actions and most of my thoughts/feelings. My reaction time is just a bit slow. The setting and people will change at random. For example, when I was a kid, I had a dream that I was dancing with Dragonball Z characters and other kids in my neighborhood. The setting would change periodically, like watching a speed painting video, but that was about it. It was just me enjoying the dream.
>>
>>16618455
That might have showed up in your dream.
>it resembled more of another friend's neighborhood
So understanding a dream as a message from the subconscious, what do you think that dream tells you about your relationship with that girl?
>>
>>16618463
>It was just me enjoying the dream.
That wouldn´t be to strange of a message, or in that case help, from your subconsciousness. Simply giving you some time to enjoy yourself, is sometimes as good as giving you deep insight in your love live.
>>
>>16618471
i'm really not sure? it could be a lot of things, i'm not sure about it all.
>>
>>16618513
I think, and take my opinion for what it is worth, that there is no future for you and her and you should try to move on.
Ironically enough i had a quite similar story happen to me some while back.
>>
>>16618564
ah, yeah, i've been told that. and i want to believe it, and i want to just drop it all and move on, i do. but i don't at the same time, because i still care about her and she says that she still cares about me. i want to stop caring about her, but i don't think that i can. idk.
>>
>>16618612
I know that hurts like fuck and there is nothing I could say to make it better.
So I will just repeat what you have probably already heard a couple of times, not that it would make it any more true.
Time will heal that, believe me. You could also speed up the process the way I did, make a one week vacation in a "party city" get absurdly drunk and pick up some girls.
Just know that most guys went through that and it will fade.
>>
>>16618630
thank you for that. i'll try to get over it, i really appreciate the advice.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.