[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rolex?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (70 KB, 840x540) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70 KB, 840x540
I recently received a couple thousand dollar check from an employer, and decided to buy a Rolex. Which one should I buy? And which color
>gold or silver
is more popular or others like more? All suggestions would be appreciated:)
>>
>>16615123

theres no right answer here cuz its entirely subjective. while there are little things we could recommend about, the best thing is to actually go out and try some on, get a feel for feel and an eye for design. while a rolex is quite a bit about status, the fact that it is a rolex is enough, invest in one that suits you.

no ones gonna be like 'OH THAT ROLEX ISNT AS IMPRESSIVE AS THIS OTHER ROLEX THAT I KEEP CLOSE TABS ON'
>>
That's called N*gger rich---when you get a large sum of money and waste it on something like jewelry
>>
>>16615131
What if OP is a nigger though?

A couple thousand is going to buy you a shitty used Rolex that you won't be able to afford to get maintenance on and it will eventually stop working properly.

As far as popular ones go I'd say a GMT Master or a Submariner but those go for around $4-5K used.

>source: former Rolex Submariner owner.
>>
>>16615123

Just buy the one you like the most; most people see them as douchey these days and aren't going to be impressed if you have the "right one" anyway.

>>16615131

Also, this.
>>
>>16615186

I've never even see a rich person with a rolex, I see them with Invicta stuff.

Rolex has been kind of a joke brand since like the late 90s.
>>
>>16615131
This. Buy a cheaper watch and save the rest.
>>
>>16615203

I agree. If attention whoring is your goal get a 2nd gen moto 360 or an apple watch.

I got a moto and someone always takes notice whenever I go to a conference or RFP.
>>
>>16615198
>rolex
>joke brand

just lol.

You've obviously never been around a real rich person than. It's a status thing mostly. Wearing a $6,000 watch tells people you have money.

I even know lots of older guys that have Rolex's they bought in the 80's because it was a status thing. Just like the people I know now that have them. It's still a status thing. A joke? lol come on.
>>
File: 1.jpg (93 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
93 KB, 640x640
R I C K O W E N S
A
F

S
I
M
O
N
S
>>
>>16615250

... So you agree with me then? There is a difference between being 70 and having a 1980s rolex and being a kid who lives in an apartment and buying a 2016 model.

Also, if you didn't know that Invicta is a luxury brand then we definitely don't run in similar circles and I doubt you have the life experience to speak on the behaviors of "rich people."
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.