[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys. My feet naturally point outwards (id say almost 35
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: foot-drills-2.png (8 KB, 393x106) Image search: [Google]
foot-drills-2.png
8 KB, 393x106
Hey guys. My feet naturally point outwards (id say almost 35 degrees) when i walk or stand (note that they straighten out when I run during soccer), similarly to the feet in the left. How do I fix this? My gf, who doesn't mind it that much, says i do walk a bit clown like. I doubt its a weight issue, as i weigh 190lb at 6'1"
>>
Work on your standing posture. You probably stand/walk on your heels too. You should be standing/ walking on the front of your foot, behind the toes.
>>
>>16614395
I have duck feet. I've been straightening them by being deliberate about how I stand and walk. >>16614409 this anon is right about keeping the weight on the balls of your feet. If you have shoes that have removable insoles, take it all out until it's the thinnest you can be. I have a pair of shoes like that, and while it wasn't comfortable since it was closer to barefoot, it forced me to pay attention to my gait.
Heel strikes (when your heel is the first thing to hit the ground while walking) really hurt when walking on pavement. I learned to walk in a way that the balls of my feet hit the ground first and my heel was just cushioning and to help spring up my next step.

Look at other animals, like a cat or dog. Their heel is technically in air and the balls of their feet are what touches the ground. We evolved for our heels to touch the ground because we needed more stability, being bipedal. My theory is that it's healthier to walk that way. But that is a hotly debated idea.
Hugely cushioned sneakers with big heels give you the ability to heel strike without pain. But it isn't good for you.

I also do a sitting stretch. For me, when I sit with my toes facing out, my knees are straight out from my hip. When I sit with my toes forward, my knees come together. So I turn my toes straight and stretch my knees away from each other. I can feel the tightness being pulled, and I think that muscle is what's making me duck footed.

I haven't done any research on this, but after a couple years of being mindful my feet are considerably straighter naturally. And when I'm holding my feet straight or pigeon toed, there's much less tightness and aches/pains.
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.