[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can i stop having negative thoughts and flashbacks of awkward
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: please help.jpg (32 KB, 344x500) Image search: [Google]
please help.jpg
32 KB, 344x500
How can i stop having negative thoughts and flashbacks of awkward things i did?Most of the time i have hard time sleeping because of this.
>>
>>16613609
By analyzing the situation. Learn to forgive yourself and think about how each one of us has had moments of pure embarrassment.

You'll forget about it with time. I used to cringe a lot about shit that I did all the time. No use in that.
>>
>>16613747
But i rationalise it and yet i start to think about it again like im being forced to.
>>
>>16613753
I understand. Usually when it happens to me, it only occurs for a short while and then it's gone. It's usually also about little stuff. Does yours happen to be more severe or anything?
>>
>>16613609

this is a pretty normal occurence, i feel like we all do and then we toss and turn in shame.

a few things that help
>listen to something specific

music doesnt help that much cuz you still think about other things while listening. so maybe you should try listening to an audiobook or something similar (creepy pastas are often narrated by people on youtube and they are generally soft enough that you can fall asleep to)

if you dont want a story to fall asleep to, try sleep hypnosis. can download audio for it but i just play the youtube videos and turn off my monitor.

gives your brain something specific to follow til you drift off.

and just remember, the only one thinking about your embarrassing moments is YOU. everyone else is thinking about their own.
>>
>>16613776
Yep it happens when i try to really focus on something or relax and the worst thing is that sometimes even makes me says words or almost makes me scream.
>>
>>16613777
>gives your brain something specific to follow til you drift off.
The problem is that i follow it for a little and then go back to thinking about stuff from the past.
>>
>>16614197

at that point, its a you problem. there isnt any magic words, so you gotta take the advice and force yourself to adhere to it. unfortunately thats what 99% of the advice is, something you STILL have to force yourself to do, no matter how much it might help. its still up to you.
>>
>>16613609

420 BLAZE IT FGT
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.