[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you kill that part of yourself that keeps daydreaming
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: for you.png (913 KB, 1280x768) Image search: [Google]
for you.png
913 KB, 1280x768
How do you kill that part of yourself that keeps daydreaming about romantic love?

I have everything I need and I don't need this.
>>
What finally killed my desire for it was realizing how terrible women are. Go to any of these PUA websites and read about people's experiences with dating. Or read about dating website experiments, or look at surveys of women's voting patterns and political views.

What women are in the 21st century is the polar opposite of what men want in a romantic partner. Once you realize that, your daydreaming will cease.
>>
>>16612929
I'm gay.

I knew men don't love women the way women love men, but it was saddening to realise that I'll never know love, either.
>>
>but it was saddening to realise that I'll never know love, either.
Why do you feel this way? Admittedly, I don't know anything about the gay dating scene or what being gay is like, but maybe you can shed some light on that.
>>
>>16612900
But I love you, OP. I just trying to support our relationship and create a loving relationship for us. My favorite thing about us being together is the calm I feel around you, like you're my home, my best friend. I feel so safe and warm in your arms. I love teasing you, and smiling with you, and when we start laughing at something ridiculous. It's so wonderful when I can just give you a look or say some nonsense word, and we'll immediately dissolve into a fit of laughter from some cozy memory. If we're not spending the night together, I love slipping into one of your shirts and cuddling on your side of the bed, because it smells like you and I just want to keep you close to my heart. My home, my comfort, and I just want to be the same for you. I love stroking your hair and rubbing your shoulders, cooking delicious meals for us, and just taking the time to appreciate you. I know it's silly, but I love hearing about your day and the project you're working on. I get so happy when I see you're happy and excited about something. I want to be so good for you. I miss you, sweetheart. Please come back soon (and bend me over the side of the bed while you're at it and fuck me so nice and hard, I'll walk funny for a week). ;)
>>
>>16612951
>>16612946
GODDAMMIT.

Well, insert some lifting bros and supporting each other and playing video games and tickling each others ballsacks or something.
>>
>>16612950
Try signing in to a gay dating site.

Men are just as bad to men as men are to women.

They'll send you dick pics 100% unprovoked. They'll pressure you for nudes. The first thing a guy asks is whether you have a place you can fuck at. If you tell a guy you can't endure sex sober because of a traumatic past experience, he'll offer to get you drunk.

Having to buy affection with sex feels a lot like having to bribe an animal with food to get to pet it. Except the only thing that'll do is your own body. And you know it's going to be gone as soon as any chunk of nutrition there was to your arm is gone and there's no getting to your bone marrow.

You're not a person. You're just meat. You can't be loved.
>>
>>16612960
>If you tell a guy you can't endure sex sober because of a traumatic past experience, he'll offer to get you drunk.

Is there a story behind this or do you just say that to get away with not putting out?
>>
Why would you try to make yourself bitter and lonely? It seems to me that people who give up on love are just pathetic quitters, unable to learn from past mistakes. Do some maturing op.
>>
>>16613016
there are two options here. Either love does not exist, or that I, personally, am an unlovable human being. Both options lead to the same outcome, but one of them hurts less than the other.

And I promised mom that I wouldn't kill myself. I need to go through with this.
>>
>>16613021
Then why don't you take some time to find out why you feel unloveable and how you can improve these things. I always stick to this phrase if i find myselfe in that position: may i have the strenght to accept what i can't change, and improve what can be changed. And the wisdom to know which one i'm facing.
You can totally do this anon! And i assure you, that love DOES exist. I know this first-hand.
>>
More bleach
>>
>>16613028
How do I make myself lovable, then?

what does it take to make them love me?
>>
>>16613043
That's a hard question anon. I don't know you. What do you think? Why did things usually went south when you attempted to have a relationship?
>>
>>16612929
Hot shit, this is cringe worthy.
>search out anything that supports my preconceived notions. That way they are true. Ignore anything to the contrary.
>>
>>16612929
The problem with this attitude is that you don't need to date the whole population or an average of that. You only need ONE guy or girl.
>>
>>16613049
Because people are not interested in having a relationship with me.

>>16613067
The problem with dating is that all good people are taken. The only reason why people are ever single for long spans of time despite of trying is because they're defective. And you are talking to them because you are defective, too.

The reason why perpetually single people are so cynical about dating is that they only get a view of the worst 10% of the opposite sex population.
>>
>>16613097
I agree with that anon. But don't underestimate the changes a person can go trough! You see, all those "defective" single people? You think they where born like that? Most definitely not! Something went awefully wrong somewhere. They might have given up all hope of ever being happy or loved. But believe me, if they ever come across a source of love they will burst into bloom like a desert after rain. All it takes is to keep an open heart and don't hold the love you have to give back. Someday it will fall on fertile ground and it will be SO wotth the wait. It might not be rewarding for a long time. It is awefull to give love to somebody and just see it fall into a bottomless pit. But your love isn't finite! It won't get smaller everytime you give some away. And the risk to "waist" love again was more than worth it when it finally reaches the right person.
>>
>>16613139
Then how do I stop being defective?
>>
>>16612900

ITT:

Rejected faggots and landwhales trolling straight men.

Kill yourself bitch
>>
>>16613144
I can't give you an universal answer to that, anon... I don't know what kind of scars you have. You could tell me about your childhood. I know a lot aboit early childhood development and it's relations to adulthood. It's my profession aswell as my passion. Maybe i can find out what is holding you back.
Important is how your parents have been. Have you beed an accident? Where they happy during pregnancy? How supportive has your dad been? Was your mom healthy? Did you have siblings? How was your parents relationship? How is your relationship with them now? How is it with your siblings? Where there drugs/alcohol? Those kind of infos give me great insight
>>
>>16613160
I don't get rejected.

I'm just not good for anything except a random, casual fuck, except that I can't tolerate sex.

And I LIKE bigger guys. Immobility would be a problem, obviously, but anything below that is fine.
>>
>>16612900

>I got rejected
>no nothing is wrong with me they must be gay
>is that him with a new girl wow I'll kill myself
>wait no I'll turn lesbian to try and steal her
>I got rejected again
>I better make a shitpost thread on 4chan

Idiot
>>
>>16613167
My mom and dad got married when mom was 21 and they tried for kids for 10 years before giving up, and that's when me and my sister happened.

Mom wanted a family because she wanted to normie and I don't know why my dad went along with it. They were never affectionate, I never saw them kiss or say a nice word about each other. They never fought either, but they just never seemed like a romantic couple. It was like a business agreement, which ended peacefully when maintaining dad stopped being cost-effective, and mum felt that his (quiet and docile) alcoholism endangered me and my sister.

I've never been abused. I just can't tolerate sex and I'm scared of men who want it. I've had crushes on other boys, never been interested in girls.
>>
>>16612900

I'm a single mom and no one wants me. If something goes wrong he ends up paying child support. Not really in my case but this sucks and I'm losing it. I better find a better life for me and my kid and maybe the right guy will be looking for a girl like me.
>>
>>16613194
How have they showed affection to you?
Tell me about your relationship with your sister.
How did they react to you being gay?
What do you mean by "can't tolerate"? Be specific!

Why do you think your dad "went along with it"? Did he seem unhappy? Why did he drink? How was his work-situation? Was your mom stay-at-home? Was the household on point or messy?
>>
>>16613201
I'm a single mom too, but i don't get your point?
>>
>>16612900

I push everyone away with my clingy behaviours and neediness. I didn't even know how annoying I was. I don't think I'm annoying or a shitty human being, I just waste my day trying to get attention on 4chan. I keep asking myself why no one loves me as a woman... I think I'm a psychopath. I hate myself and I don't deserve love. I'm a piece of shit.
>>
>>16613201

I'm a single mom too and it's been really shitty. I've been trying to push myself to multiple men with no success. I saw many men that could be the one but they ran off. Not because I was a single mom but because I was crazy to them. I don't know romance is bullshit.
>>
File: 1451247545411.jpg (223 KB, 2048x1365) Image search: [Google]
1451247545411.jpg
223 KB, 2048x1365
>>16613218

Odds are you aren't shitty

You don't have to base your self worth on what you think you're worth to others
>>
>>16613229
My self worth is in the gutter. So many men dumped me that it's taken its toll on me. Bit by bit it's been harder to keep up a smile for my kid. I can't survive without a man but I secretly hate them for what they have done. It's fucking shit. I want out.
>>
File: 1451295115655.jpg (42 KB, 398x600) Image search: [Google]
1451295115655.jpg
42 KB, 398x600
>>16613234
>I can't survive without a man

Stop making excuses for yourself and take responsibility for the actions you've done

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Learned_helplessness
>>
>>16613234
How about you work on yourself first before jumping to the next guy? How about you learn to be happy wotheout a guy first? How about you go get that smile back for real? Everything else won't work anyway.
>>
>>16613210
They made sure me and my were fed and clothed and I guess marginally clean (by the time I started to get bullied about my hygiene I was already like 10 or 11, old enough to be supposed to take care of it myself).

My dad would drink because granddad was an alcoholic and he got the gene (and so do I). Life is just more tolerable that way.

Both mom and dad were working, in good high-paying jobs too. The house was always trashed because mom didn't have the time to clean and dad just wouldn't. We got blamed for not being tidy. I'm an adult now and the house still looks the same.

Dad died before I came out, mom and sis took it with the tumblr "hey neat we got a shiny" -pride.
>>
>>16613285
>>16612900
-pride

Speaking of that I went to the pride parade and my sister encourage me to dance around. I figured I wouldn't cut it as a straight guy as 26 so why the heck not. Ended up having the time of my life. I still come home to them but now they look at me with disgust. I don't even get it, I am depressed nowadays but couldn't kill myself neither. House is still maintained by my parents and I'm lazy about everything in my life. Been taking pills lately and it's been working. Maybe I'll get me -pride back.
>>
>>16613300
I literally did not get any of that rambling, but I guess I gotta try the parade some time.
>>
>>16613285
> like 10 or 11, old enough to be supposed to take care of it myself

Wait, you are?
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.