[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm 23 years old but at that point I'm fairly sure
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 624x657) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 624x657
I'm 23 years old but at that point I'm fairly sure I will never get a boyfriend and have a relationship. It's due to a fact that I'm extremely introverted and don't trust people in general and unless I know them very well, I can't open up. I'm also fucked up in the head but refuse treatment, but that's not important.

My question is how do I embrace and accept that? I don't mind being lonely and alone, I'm used to that, but from time to time I feel pangs of sorrow when I realise I won't have my own children or husband. It's not that bad now, but I suppose it gets worse with age. Do we have any spinsters here who can help me out?
>>
>>16612073
Post nude pictures so I can analyze them
>>
>>16612100
There wouldn't be much to anylyse anon
>>
>>16612110
analyse*
>>
I'm you but male. I'm too tired right now to try to give advice, but I will say that being alone is ok, and that finding companionship is absolutely possible for you. Be active
>>
>>16612073
You've aceepted all of this at the age of 23? If this was the 70's then maybe I'd feel bad, but you're living in the computer age where everyone that's introverted gather. Find someone here, or on a dating site.
>>
Look at the glass as half full. Start there.

There is nothing after death. You literally cease to be. Make your life full and meaningful over the next 70 years you have been generously given by your parents.
>>
You know, there is a religion that's all about this that you can follow, it's Satanism
>>
I was just like you and I got my first boyfriend and lost my virginity at 27 so it can be done. At your age I had pretty much accepted that I could never trust another person but now that I have it doesn't seem so impossible. Even though the relationship is over now (fresh breakup, we wouldn't have really worked out in the long term), it hurts like HELL and I feel like there's no one like him out there, I think I will be able to be less scared after this experience and try again. Stepping out of what you know is the hard part.

I know exactly how you feel but don't give up just jet. I took the fake it until you make it attitude and it's not so bad. With people like us, it's a choice we have made in our heads cause we're stuck in our comfort zone but you can open up and find someone if you really want to.
>>
I'm male but:

severe social anxiety growing up (afraid to answer doors, phones, and go to restaurants because too many people and I'd have to talk to a stranger).

Medically diagnosed with a chemical imbalance which contributed to about nearly a decade of bouts of severe depression (you know, on top of all my other shy, introverted, socially anxious shit).

Hit 18 and decided to change myself in college. Forced my self bit by bit to change, one small step at a time, intentionally doing things I thought were absolutely terrifying in order to basically numb myself too it and become used to it.

Hit 21, decided that dead or alive, my 22nd birthday was a nice round number to stop being depressed. Gave myself an ultimatum, if you're still depressed, end it, or else never allow yourself to be rocked by depression again and work to move forward. I obviously ended up doing the latter.

Hit 23, met a girl I truly liked. Had my first kiss. Got my heart wrecked and lost all fear, because even that pain felt more alive than the void of apathy and the guilt of "what if".

Started dating. Lost virginity at 24. Over months/years of dating, a small voice inside of me started to wonder if I might be cursed, because every time I met someone and they liked me back, they'd lose a job and have to move away, or have a family catastrophe, or have someone close to them die.

First girlfriend at 26. We've been together about a year (maybe I actually am cursed btw... She lost her job a few weeks before we met, and after a month or two of dating her favorite great-uncle passed away <.<).

My experiences have taught me that it's never too late. As long as you never give up, and you keep pushing forward, there is always progress to be made.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.