[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I can't build myself a circle of friends for the life of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: 1409880318322.png (342 KB, 394x394) Image search: [Google]
1409880318322.png
342 KB, 394x394
I can't build myself a circle of friends for the life of me. I either be myself, which is lame and unattractive, or I try to put on the act, which I'm bad at. In both cases I just come across weird and hard to talk to. On top of that, I work 6 days a week, with my day-off on a Tuesday, and it seems like if I'm not there to meet people 3 or more times a week, they forget about me and it becomes hard to even be remembered enough to have a facebook event invite thrown my direction.

On top of that, I have very low self esteem (kissless virgin, for one thing) so I'm not the life of the party, or at all assertive - like I don't force myself onto people until they like me.

The end goal for me is to just get into a meaningful relationship at some point in my life, and the problem with that is that it doesn't make me WANT to have friends. Having to make friends is a total chore, and being bad at it is making it even worse.

Any advice appreciated. I'm at wit's end, sometimes. Loneliness, feelings of inadequacy, etc. etc.
>>
The standard advice would be... get some hobbies.. and find like minded people that enjoy it.
Gym, rc cars.
>>
First you gotta be patient with people, because most everyone can have their baddays and be and assholes. Noone I know is a saint. Second, don't get discouraged if people don't always respond to you. Third talk to people invite coworker out after work for a drink or food... I dunno, I'm very social and talkative and I still only have like 1 friend that hits me up to hangout on the reg. Most people tend to be Fairweather friends or just regular work friends. God be with you on your quest friend....
>>
>Having to make friends is a total chore
It really is, but as the saying goes "The best things in life are worth waiting/fighting for".
Do what >>16612155 says and keep putting yourself out there, and (hopefully soon) it'll get better.
>>
OP here.
The problem is I don't have co-workers to invite out and I stay away from alcohol-venues like bars/clubs, because I rarely drink.

I have the single hobby of video games, and it's taking up all of my free time. I work out on top of that at home, simple stuff, and jog once a day if I can. No time for gym. Barely enough time to go out to an event, even.

I'm also not in college and never had connection to people with those lifestyles.

Idunno, I just feel so stuck...
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.