[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My dad is a verbally abusive emotionally abusive asshole and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
My dad is a verbally abusive emotionally abusive asshole and it feels like I can't do anything about it. I'm going insane. I'm going absoutely insane. I can't take another year of this. Even though I don't see him often everytime I do see him we somehow get into an argument and by argument I mean he picks at everything. He will become snappy and then he will begin to become explosive. He controls me with money and ha s threatened to cut me off multiple times now. I don't know what to do. I want to run away but I don't want to leave my mom or my brothers behind. I'm not scared of him but there's literally no way to stand up to him. He always has to be right. He always has to be in control. He's threatened to kill himself and just wish he would. I wish I could explain the extent of emotional damage this faggot has done but there are no words that could possibly match up to it. How can I cope with this? Even if I pretend to cope with it he somehow starts something out of the blue and expects me not to get upset. It's like he does it on purpose just to get a reaction. I don't know what to do. I really just want to kill myself at this point but I know that won't help anything. I don't want him to win. My mom is too afraid to get a divorce. He has made it so we are financially dependant on him. God someone help. I'm 20 year old grill if this helps.
>>
He always tells one side of the story. He always keeps to his fucking side of the story do he plays it out like he's the victim working his asshole off but doesn't see the bigger picture. Im so tired of it.
>>
25 and in similar boat, except he's here all the time and his entire side of the family and my siblings are the same way.

I feel for you and for all of us afflicted with such toxic persons.
>>
>>16611167
God. Do you have any advice. I mean you're 25.. you've got to had some improve right? Things get better right? I'm so tired of being uprooted when he gets upset with me over minuscule little things.
>>
Sounds like my bf
They dont want to change so you have to do all the work
>>
My best advice desu is to get out.
The situation isn't going to get better with him around if he's like that.
>>
>>16611238
Things will only get better if you cut him out of your life entirely.

Get free before you're too dead inside to care. I'm afraid it's too late for me.
>>
24 here, it doesn't get better.
>>
File: 1389569590594.gif (2 MB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
1389569590594.gif
2 MB, 245x245
>>16611102

>I'm 20 year old grill if this helps.

You're an adult. Go make something of yourself and stop wallowing in this misery.

Get a job, move to another state, join the military, start up college, volunteer for the peace corps. There are literally a million things to do other than stay behind and subject yourself to his cruelty.

You can either go live your life or you can let your mother (who is just as much to blame for her inaction as your father) and father drag your life down into the dirt with them.

They aren't going to change, so its up to you to decide whether you want to stay or go. There's no third option.
>>
>>16611789
I'm already in college right now but it's just now he wants me to move because he feels like I'm not responsible or whatever. I'm really fucking sick of his assumptions but he's always done this. It's so fucking annoying. I haven't done anything wrong yet he's always on my back. It sucks. I don't know how to keep him happy. I guess I'll ask if he want to watch a movie or something tomorrow but he's always so busy I don't think he will want to. It's dumb. But it might work. I don't know. I'm stuck and all out of tricks. I don't think I really have the option of moving out. Tysm tho.
>>
>>16611869
It might help if you wrote down your exact feelings in the form of a letter. Other then that you can politely excuse yourself when talks get too heated.

Best advice would probably be to get some therapy for yourself, just to help you deal with things until you can go out on your own and away from the toxic environment.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.