[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hy guys femanon here, it's my last year in hs and I am not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
Hy guys femanon here, it's my last year in hs and I am not sure which college should I sign in?

Keep in mind, I am Europoor, so this might function little different than in the States. After 4 years of HS, you write a test where u take the subjects, tests include everything you learned in HS. Keep in mind I am interested in "STEM", so I wouldn't like to go to law, economy,...bad paying....

Now before I start, what is the position of women in "STEM"? inb4 feminist, like what is the ratio of guys&girls?

These are currently the top 2 universities:

1. Medicine (no need to explain)

2. FER- Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing- classic engineering. Lots of good students come here, usually the best ones in physics, math, computer science(coding,,,)

I won't pass on Medicine, but I might pass on FER. If I don't pass there I am fucked because I don't know here should i go then...

Some other choices: 1. Civil engineering(building stuff, my dad says there is no job market for this in EU).

2, RGN( Mining, geology and oil)- this seems interesting, but not sure about that? You know all these new eco energy stuff...

3. FESB- Electrical engineering, Mechanical engineering and Shipbuilding

4. TVZ- this is just a 3 years, coding, engineering but considered weaker version of FESB and FER. Very easy to get in.

5. Geodesy- don't know clue about this one

6. Traffic engineering- this one is also easy to get in.

I am really interested in FER and FESB, but if I don't get in I am fucked. What about others, what is the best choice after them? Lots of people who don't pass in Mechanical engineering on FESB switch to Shipbuilding.

Is shipbuilding a stable branch in EU & World? Do females work there at all, can they work there?
>>
You need to talk to professional career counselors, not random NEETs on the internet who are probably more clueless than you are.
>>
>>16606500

Well I have never heard someone going there, plus is it free?

Got a few good advices on this board so let's hope for this one aswell.
>>
>>16606493
Hi Femanon,

Anon here... Bachelor from faculty of mech engg.
Masters in interdisciplinary computer science and mathematics from best German uni.

As far as I see, the answer is simple study what you wanna study. Career options, money will come to you.

If you want my opinion, 2 is the best option.
3 is also really option if you are interested.
In case you want 2 but can't get in, you can go for 4. Gain lots of practical experience and skill set and go for a masters in 2.

In my experience you can start from any where and end up in a place you really want. In the end of just comes to how good is your skillset. If you are good, you will always get opportunities no matter what.
>>
>>16606523

>If you want my opinion, 2 is the best option.

You mean the first 2. Fer or the second 2. RGN? Ehh bad format....

What's with the job market in Germany, lots of people from my country finish their unis here and then go work abroad.
>>
>>16606528
FER

Where are you from? France?

Job market is good and lots of job if you speak German but no one can predict what's the situation gonna be by the time you graduate.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.