[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
concussion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
had a fight with brother and took an elbow to the head. Woke up with painful bruise, and dizziness, accompanied with a slight daze. I have not been nauseous at all, my eyes are not dialated, and ive been able to complete the kind devick test very quickly. dont feel like going to er though. my question is how severe does the blow have to be in order to be a concussion?, like ive said there was nothing traumatic about it,i have no amnesia towards the event, i and didnt black out.
>>
shameless bump
>>
>>16604513
Diagnosing a concussion is hard without a scan. If you suspect you had one (and by the symptoms you described, it's entirely possible, even without passing out), the only thing you can do is rest. Specially avoid bright lights, like from computers and cellphones, by the way. If after a nap you're still feeling ill, you need to look for a doctor.
>>
i dont think its a concussion, give it a couple of days before you finally have to wait hours in the ER. Besides using electronics with a concussion is not harmful to your body, it will just increase your recovery time. But you should be wary of potential injuries to your head because second impact syndrome will occur
>>
>>16604574
I agree.
>>
Test your short term memory on a reegular basis, have someone write a list of 4-6 words and try to remember them. Keep track of how well you do each time, if it gets better, give it time, if it gets worse, go in
>>
>>16604513
>Woke up
As in you were knocked unconscious? Or as in you went to bed and woke up dizzy etc. this morning?

If you really don't want to go to an ER, at least call the doc's office in the morning and see what they recommend. Do not let this go untreated!
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.