[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Looks are very important. On a scale of 1 to 10 how important
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: ydbwBrY8eYY.jpg (42 KB, 453x604) Image search: [Google]
ydbwBrY8eYY.jpg
42 KB, 453x604
Looks are very important.
On a scale of 1 to 10 how important do you think it is and why?
I think it's about an 8. People are very shallow and if the "packaging" isn't good they'll lose interest pretty fast.
>>
>>16599107

Though its not in reference to anything else so its kind of a pointless question to ask desu
>>
>>16599107
Important in reference to what? With no context, a rating has no meaning.
>>
File: 1273.gif (2 MB, 245x253) Image search: [Google]
1273.gif
2 MB, 245x253
>>16599112
>>
>>16599109
>>16599112

In reference to pretty much everything? Doesn't your looks affect most of your life since it shapes your relationship with others? Save for maybe your family and such
>>
Well, people date and marry ugly people all the time. I think looks are very important, but tonnes of people don't. I think that marrying somebody who isn't appealing to you is dangerous because you can't just turn off your sex drive to fix your marriage.
>>
>>16599107
10. Well, sort of. They need to exist but they aren't everything.

I don't mean just "looks" though.
I mean, if a person is fit, dresses nicely, practices good hygiene, smells nice, then the criteria is fulfilled. And then you move onto the "inside"

but if a person does not do those things, they are lesser.
>>
>>16599125
Isn't marrying somebody because you like how they look kind of like asking for disappointment and a divorce since these looks will only hold for like 10, 15 years tops?
>>
>>16599107
You've already made up your mind that you think looks are important. Why do you care what random internet people think? I guess I am trying to figure out why you feel this thread belongs in /adv/ and not some other board, since you seem to be taking a poll not asking/giving advice.
>>
>>16599132
>I mean, if a person is fit, dresses nicely, practices good hygiene, smells nice, then the criteria is fulfilled

Hmm ok, but my post is in the context of beauty and actually looking good though. Not just being clean
>>
>>16599137
What's the poll making board then? I can't think of a better board to ask for other people's insight than /adv/.
>>
>>16599134
Somewhat. You should ideally assess their entire character, but you can't exclude their looks. When you marry anybody, you get them in their entirety. You can't omit the parts you don't like, like stupidity or laziness or - yup - their ugliness. Thing is, certain personality traits can evolve with time but looks won't.
>>
>>16599143
Ha, sometimes I think convincing people to get plastic surgery would be easier than convincing them to change their personality. But I see your point
>>
>>16599134
Not necessarily. Not everything about attractiveness is tied to youth. A person's eyes, smile, curly/straight hair, lots of things that you might find attractive don't necessarily go away when you get older. Also, while it's true that some cougars chase young guys/some older guys chase young women, not everybody does this. Some people's visual preferences age with them.

>>16599142
Ordinarily /b/ or the board that is most relevant to that topic. I can see why you wouldn't want to ask /fa/ because of course they're going to say looks are important, and I guess I could see why you wouldn't want to ask /b/ either. It's just that you flat out said what your opinion was, and it was almost like you'd made up your mind but were looking for validation of that opinion. Are you worried that people will see you as shallow for believing that looks are important?
>>
>>16599158
>Are you worried that people will see you as shallow for believing that looks are important?

Not at all, I think most people think like that too
In fact part of what I expected to find out with this thread was to confirm that and see how people rationalize it
>>
>>16599123
Yes dude. Looks,money or status
>>
>>16599156
I'm actually stuck right now deciding whether or not to leave my girlfriend. She's really cute but I can't tell if she's to dumb or if I'm just being over-critical or picky. I bet if she was ugly, I would have found this decision easier. She's not though, so dammit.
>>
10. I'm not going date someone I'm not attracted to.

Caveat: looks are not the only important thing. Personality is also 10.
>>
>>16599107
Looks are 9/10 important for whether or not someone will approach you/interact with you.
For short lived interactions/relationships (like auditioning for something or picking up a 1 night stand) they matter much more than for something long term (like building a friendship).
>>
>>16599213
Haha
That's how good men keep getting baited
You fell for the siren's song rip anon
>>
>>16599236
Not too late for me yet bro.
>>
>>16599255
Go down fighting bro
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.