[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it rude of me to say this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: american flag design.jpg (95 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
american flag design.jpg
95 KB, 500x750
I'm a faggot from the states. I have a friend of a European country. His brother is at college (my friend is still a high school kid and I am a freshman) and he tells me how his brother is really disliking his major/the job(s) linked to his major and he is thinking about dropping out of college.

Is it rude of me to say/imply that his brother is being picky/unrealistic? Really, most people dislike their jobs and they can't quit it as they have bills to pay. Also, most people who say that they enjoy work are lying/implying that it's not the worse job out there. It's not like flipping Burgers at McDonalds is better. I'm working part-time to pay for college and I think his brother is just being picky as he has never been out in the working world and does not know what going to work is like (it is very uncommon for college students in his country to find a job). Really, people from his country are just lazy motherfuckers with a lot of wannabe NEETs (and nah, my friend is not from a rich family).
>>
It's ignorant of you to say. People are allowed to change their mind about their major or career without getting the ok from some guy in the states who probably doesn't have any experience in that field.
>>
It's rude to say because it's not your place. You have no say in his decision making and you shouldn't cause drama about it.
>>
>>16595937
He's thinking about dropping out of college? What can he do besides flipping burgers at McDonalds?
I think he is just being picky, that is all. Can you name a job which does not have a single shitty aspect? Most people dislike their jobs and it's the same worldwide. My friend's brother is nothing special.
>>
>>16595943
Well I am currently working at a restaurant to pay for college and I know that it's not fun (manager is shit). My friend's brother has never been to work so he knows nothing.
>>
It's not your place to be a dick.

A lot of people go to college to find out it's not for them or they change their major multiple times. If he drops out it's on him. He could easily just go in a trade and make more than he would with a degree.
>>
>>16595957
>could easily just go in a trade
That's shitty and dead-end tier?
>>
It is rude/kurk but what can you do, I'm sure we all have rude thoughts in our heads. The problem is when we let them out. Usually I am conservative with the negative things I say because of just the simple fact that it won't help any situation and just upset things.

What you said wouldn't be labeled as rude if others that think and speak like you spoke the same exact way. It is rude when you bring it to someone that doesn't want to hear it. They will call it rude and it pretty much is because you could have at least posed that statement as a question instead of an allegation.
>>
>>16595964
>you could have at least posed that statement as a question instead of an allegation
How can I do this?
>>
>>16595961
>shitty
It comes down to what he enjoys. If he likes it it's not shitty.

>dead-end tier
It's not.
>>
>>16595967

You could have said...

"well man, not to be rude but don't you think you're brother is being a bit picky or unrealistic?"

In that way you're asking him to let you know what he thinks instead of you TELLING HIM what he should think. If he think his brother is being smart by his decision and rationalization then accept it, it's not about trying to convince him otherwise, that's the kind of shit the happens in arguments.
>>
>>16595976
Kek most people hate to go to work. Just google that up yourself.
>>
geez just let people do what they want. how does it affect you? just because you don't want to drop out of college doesn't mean he wants to do the same thing as you.
>>
>>16595915
it is none of your business
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.