[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kidney Stones
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
File: kidney-stones-lithotripsy.jpg (243 KB, 575x384) Image search: [Google]
kidney-stones-lithotripsy.jpg
243 KB, 575x384
I was just diagnosed with a kidney stone. The doctor told me to prepare for the worst pain in my life. Is this an exaggeration, or am I going to need a morphine drip while I bite down on a bullet?

Anything I can do to prepare myself mentally? She refused to prescribe any pain medication because her practice is not allowed to prescribe controlled substances.
>>
Not sure how bad they are but they may be comparable to hemmoroids. I would think kidney stones hurt a lot more but hemmoroids hurt like crazy sometimes too.

Just push it out and take the giant hit of pain at once and live with it, going slow would not equal less pain in this siituation I don't think.
>>
It will hurt. A lot.

A woman that I know that has given birth three times swears kidney stones are worse. I've seen it make a man unable to move, throw up from pain, and cry. Drink a lot of water. It will increase the chance of coming out sooner better, and when you pass it you may feel like you are about to pass out. If you have a heating pad place it on your back over the kidney with the stone. Increase blood flow to your kidney will increase the output which will help you pass it quicker.

Good luck.
>>
Uh.. dude.. imagine pushing a small sharp stone down your urethra (out of your p). That's what will happen and how it will feel like.

My condolences.
>>
>>16594470

The doctor said that I had already passed one, although I don't recall doing it. I mean, I don't distinctly remember any pain, aside from throwing my back out several weeks ago, which possibly could have been a stone passing?

Don't pain meds help?
>>
>Is this an exaggeration

Hint: kidney stones tend to look less like polished river rocks, and more like something a ninja would throw on the floor to fuck up people's shit if they chase him.
>>
no it's not an exaggeration
>>
Well, it depends on what your other most painful experience in your life has been, but for a regular male, I'd say it's accurate.
>>
>>16594438
>The doctor told me to prepare for the worst pain in my life. Is this an exaggeration
Maybe, but not by much. Pain studies have repeatedly put kidney stones right up there with giving birth and burning to death. It's tough to say which is THE worst, but all three are on the short-short list.

I'm sorry, OP. I really am. But shit's gonna suck.
>>
It hurts like 8-9\10 soooooo yea youll want to shoot yourself without pain meds, Ive had 2 at once
>>
>>16594438
How do people get those?
>>
>>16594438
Drink Apple cider. The acid over time will grind it down.
>>
>>16594521
Yes dope up on pain pills but tell the EMTs what you took before you cry and beg them for morpheine
>>
>>16594688
This. This, this, this, this, THIS. Apple cider and apple cider vinegar will dissolve them and they will either pass as liquid or they'll be so small you won't feel pain.

Pour two cups of apple cider and two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and drink that potion twice daily. They should dissolve before they'd pass if you start now.

Source: experience.
>>
>>16594688
>>16594929
Why isn't this knowledge given to more patients with kidney stones?
>>
drink fruity shit, if pain gets out of control, and I mean literal 10/10, go to the ER, they'll usually give you something for pain. I'm a scribe and I see my doctors handing out narcotics for stones all the time
>>
>>16594438
Maybe you'll get lucky like this guy? This was a God damn boulder and he didn't even flinch
liveleak.com/view?i=3f3_1449294747
>>
>>16594686
drinking too much soda/ genetic disposition
>>
Jesus fucking Christ how do I make sure I never get this?
>>
>>16594438
Find another doctor. Ultrasound treatment can break down the stones. It will still hurt, but not so bad.
>>
>>16594970
sometimes its not always a kidney stone.
My bro thought he had one, doctors thought he had one. He ended up having a lump of scar tissue and had to get it surgically removed.
He didnt pass any stones, but still had to have a catheter up his jimmy
>>
Pain is worse if you're a male supposedly. It's pretty bad. Depending on where they are you may also need surgery. Good luck.
>>
Does your dick just drip blood afterwards? Because holy shit I've seen some fucking caltrop-lookin' ass kidney stones.
>>
>>16596279
Don't be fat, drink lots of water every day, and eat healthy foods.
>>
>>16597262

In addition to this fine anon, make sure you eat something fatty once a week. Kidney stones are basically congealed/dried up fatty-destroyers. PH about 8. It's why acid helps, even if it's WAY less than you'd think (acid goes through the metabolism first, it'll get seriously diminnished results by the time it gets to the kidneys).
>>
>>16597308
ignore that, I'm an idiot, confused kidneys with bladder stones. Sorry.
>>
ive passed 4 stones so far on separate occasions and im 24. just keep drinking lots of water. usually the doctor will prescribe flomax like drug and Vicodin to you. take a good look at your diet. the reason I had so many was because bad eating habits and not keeping hydrated.
>>
>>16597325
also, if you are a guy, you may need to "roll it out" when you feel it coming out
>>
HOW DO I AVOID KIDNEY STONES
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.