[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have proof suicide should be legalized. How do I get a lawyer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: full.jpg (31 KB, 600x448) Image search: [Google]
full.jpg
31 KB, 600x448
I have proof suicide should be legalized. How do I get a lawyer that will do the paperwork and legwork and get me to and from court so I can present to the judge my proof?
>>
>>16593314
What's the proof?
>>
>>16593323
Don't worry about it please, just tell me what I wanted to know in the OP please.

I don't want this thread to be about whether or not the proof is sufficient, but assuming it's sufficient, how do I get help for what I asked for in the OP.
>>
Call a lawyer, ask him what you asked us.
>>
OP is a suicide bomber.

OP: Judge, I have proof that suicide should be legal.
Judge: Please present your case
OP: <opens coat and presses button>
BOOM!
>>
Why does it matter? If you are successful at committing suicide, no one can take legal action against you.
>>
>>16593325
If you don't tell us, we're just going to laugh at you.
You'd have to get the court to throw the law out. Why isn't the law legal? There aren't that many reasons.
Expect a long, uphill battle having to reprove your caw over and over again. I hope you have deep pockets, because you're going to be out a lot of money.
Call the ACLU, they love this sort of thing.
Still curious to know what your proof is, of its not legitimate, posting it anonymously can help you find a lot of holes. Remember, you can't copyright or trademark this kind of thing.
>>
>>16593357
I'm only comfortable doing it certain ways, and those ways that I'm comfortable doing it will be interfered with if I don't legalize it first.
>>
I have proof OP is gay.
>>
>>16593364
You are a total idiot.

You'll be dead anyways, does it matter how you go?
>>
>>16593364
You're losing your audience bu not telling us. You're anonymous and no one cares anyhow. This is the site where people watch other people hang themselves on a semi regular basis.
>>
>>16593314
OP will make U.S. history
>>
>>16593314
>I have proof suicide should be legalized.

Are ghosts going to sign your petition?
>>
>>16593314
i doubt you have a proof for anything since you can't even figure out how to get a lawyer
but i guess this thread is a proof that you need a guardian because you are retarded
>>
>>16593436
How do I know that any method of suicide isn't extremely painful for prolonged periods of time? Extremely Intense pain for prolonged periods of time is something that we all want to avoid.

I would rather have this thread have less of a chance of getting a post then have a higher likelihood of getting a post but having that post be about whether my proof is sufficient.
>>
>>16593465
>How do I know that any method of suicide isn't extremely painful for prolonged periods of time?
by not being retarded and doing some research
>>
>>16593465
Because if you're not willing to post it, not only does the entire conversation become about trying to get you to tell, but it implies that you know there's some deep flaw in it.
>>
If you aren't willing to share your research, why should we try and help you?
>>
>>16593428
OP is a faggot
>>
>>16593663
So you'll be able to commit suicide when you want to and not die a slow painful death.

Also just out of the kindness of your heart.
>>
just FYI, this is not how the legalization process works (unless we're talking constitutional right here, and I don't think we are)
>>
>>16593766
Nah it sounds more like suicide not helping you.
>>
>>16593314
How old are you, OP? Cause you talk like you're literally 10, just sayin. It's obvious.

A judge doesn't change the law. Neither does a lawyer. Congress changes laws, and 10 year old kids never ever get congress to change any laws. Deal.
>>
>>16593314
>How do I get a lawyer that will do the paperwork and legwork and get me to and from court so I can present to the judge my proof?

Have lots of money. Give it to the lawyer in exchange for services. It won't go anywhere though because a judge is not going to bang their little hammer and say that assisted suicide by anon's chosen method is now legal, they simply do not have that kind of power.
>>
>>16593314
>I have proof suicide should be legalized. How do I get a lawyer that will do the paperwork and legwork and get me to and from court so I can present to the judge my proof?
where do you live?

Suicide isn't actually criminalized in any of the US states, Canad or the UK
>>
>>16593323

he's gonna show the judge 4chan
>>
>>16593314
>How do I get a lawyer that will do the paperwork and legwork and get me to and from court so I can present to the judge my proof?

You have to tell us the nature of your proof. Are you attack a specific criminal code provision? Are you making a constitutional argument?

In such cases, most Courts won't hear a "purely academic" cases. You would need to be arrested and charged under the provision before you could bring you argument.

https://scc-csc.lexum.com/scc-csc/scc-csc/en/item/14637/index.do
Here's a recent case from Canada that got the assisted suicide provisions struck down as an infringement on life, liberty and security of the person

The case took over a decade to argue, and cost millions of dollars to run
>>
>>16593314
Hold on a moment. Are you saying that you have some kind of general proof that suicide should be legal? Or have you only tried to prove your specific case, and are essentially askibg for legal permission?

As others have stated, judges do not typically hear purely-academic cases. If what you're after is legal permission through judicial activism, you will first need to be wronged in some way. For example, in your case you would need to make your attempt, and someone would have to interfere.

If this would cause problems for you, then you will have to take a different route: social movements and legal change through the democratic process. This means you will need to convince many people -not just your lawyer and the judge- that your proof holds water. You may as well start by telling us your proof: we can be harsh judges, it's true, but if you can convince us, then you've at least got a chance at convincing most people.
>>
Just kill yourself OP, it's fine.

Worry about the repercussions later.
>>
>>16593915
>because a judge is not going to bang their little hammer and say that assisted suicide by anon's chosen method is now legal, they simply do not have that kind of power.

What do you think judges do exactly? A constitutional claim could result in the provision being struck down
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.