[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How bad/neutral/odd is my accent?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: floral cat gif.gif (333 KB, 500x363) Image search: [Google]
floral cat gif.gif
333 KB, 500x363
Can you tell where I am from based on this clip?
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0ohiDWXXgdB
>>
>>16592666
well it sounds like english is your first language if it's not, but are you over annunciating on purpose?
>>
>>16592696
English is not my first language
No
>>
>>16592666
>666 sign of the devil

The only way I was able to tell you aren't a native English speaker was the middle part.

Your "has" was too soft. Late-ly was broken up a bit harshly too.

I think you are some form of a Slav. Probably Poland or Czech. One sentence is not enough for me to be accurate.
>>
>>16592666
>>16592705
Post more
>>
i cant decide, it sounds like finnish, eastern european in general, but also maybe danish?
>>
You sound like a Polish bimbo ready to take my kielbasa.
>>
>>16592709
Is it possible for me to speak with a neutraless accent?
>>16592711
I will when I get home.
>>
>>16592780
What the fuck is a neutral accent?

Like you're from Hollywood, CA or something?

Sure.
>>
>>16592780
Yes it is. Your accent just needs polishing.

>>16592781
Midwest English is the purest and easiest to understand.
>>
>>16592831
>Your accent just needs polishing
How to polish it?
>>
>>16592864
Nah, your accent is already polish
>>
>>16592864
You only spoke a sentence, I was the guy who posted this >>16592709

You'll have to speak more for me to be able to tell.
>>
>>16592895
I'm not Polish
>>
>>16592900
Here is a longer audio clip of me talking: http://vocaroo.com/i/s068QohCgJPF
>>
>>16592907
That was very natural.

"drawing" "think" "like"

Improve on these words and you will be excellent. The key is the natural flow of how you speak. These words sounded unnatural. Work on how you transition to them.

The only way to overcome that is to have whole conversations in English.

Other than that, its really good.
>>
>>16592961
>was very natura
So neutral accents do exist!
I guess it is an improvement as people in the past could easily pinpoint my location after I uploadrd an audio clip of myaelf talking on /adv/.
>>
>>16592666
L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.