[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I get into Football?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: 1450025311343.jpg (107 KB, 592x888) Image search: [Google]
1450025311343.jpg
107 KB, 592x888
I just want to see the desire behind football and why all my friends like it so much. I understand playing it physically as I quite enjoy it as well but watching it is what I struggle at. Looking for advice on how to get into football.
>>
Oooh soo delicate
>>
File: football.jpg (5 KB, 224x225) Image search: [Google]
football.jpg
5 KB, 224x225
1. Buy this
2. Play
>>
>>16589886
Did you play it seriously as in an organized team with practices and games similar to highschool football? The nuances become much more apparent once you've experienced the game for real. That's why I watch football.
>>
I'm not into it either. I like playing it for fun, but I'll never understand why watching little guys run around like ants on a screen is worth all the excitement.
>>
>>16589886
Name of girl?
>>
>>16589886

there isnt much to say. if you arent already into it, you probably arent going to get into it.

i dont think anyone truly enjoys watching it, moreso they enjoy the camaraderie of having a common thing to root for with their friends, plus the game day parties etc. for those who watch it more regularly it gives people wihtout an active hobby something to do.

i agree with you. i understand the desire to play it as its fun but watching it seems lame. i was a military child growing up though so there was no sense of loyalty or camraderie growing up
>>
Watching football is a very old meme.
It was a symbol for being wealthy and having money to bet on sides, but now any regular joe can flip on espn and catch whatever or role play it.
It's not eletist anymore.
>>
Do you mean soccer or American football?
>>
>>16589966
This. Football (soccer) or NFL?
>>
>>16589966
If it's NFL the best way to get into it is playing fantasy football. It'll be confusing as fuck at first get a friend to help but eventually you'll be watching every game, knowing players, and shit talking with your friends.

>>16589939
I actually love watching it. I go to live games, play fantasy, and spend every Sunday with my dad in his man cave yelling at the tv.
>>
>>16590055

right. like i said, gives you something to do, especially wiht fantasy, it is basically a hobby.

but if you cant make it a hobby / have other hobbies taking your time you generally dont see the point in it.
>>
>>16589886
It's incredibly boring to watch. Don't watch it, make friends who aren't lame.
>>
>>16590072
I do that stuff because I enjoy watching it. I mean I get you're not into it but don't speak on my behalf.
>>
>>16589941

I disagree. It's really fun to catch enthusiasm for a certain team. You're pseudo-competing with other fans of opposing teams.

>>16589886

If you don't like football, then that's your call. If you haven't tried yet, my best suggestion would be to figure out who your home team is and watch them play. If, after a couple of games, you don't catch the 'fever' then it's just not for you. It's not bad. I live in Florida and am not big into NASCAR and shit and that's fine.
>>
>>16590089
Football is reality tv for men. It's garbage. Women pick their favorite TV bitch and men pick their favorite team. At the end of the season nothing important actually happened and it resets with different characters.
>>
>>16590101
You freckled cunt
>>
>>16590101

I don't need an emotional epiphany or thought provoking emotional experience every time I turn on the television, and I highly doubt you do either. So drop the condescending "WELL ITS JUST GARBAGE TV THAT HAS NO SUBSTANCE" before you hurt yourself.

Football is an excuse for guys to get together, get drunk and yell at the TV. Even if you watch it by yourself, it's good conversation kindling for work the next day, however; I get the subtle notion that you're not really aware of either of those paradigms.
>>
>>16589941
>Watching football is a very old meme.
>It was a symbol for being wealthy and having money to bet on sides
Dafuq you on about? Football is and allways has been a working mans game. You won't see the match in a wine bar, but you can be certain it'll be shown in every last grotty council estate pub up and down the country. I have absolutley no idea where you got the wealthy/eletist bs from. Do you think the guys murdering each other with crowbars and stanley blades after the Chelsea v Millwall game are cambridge eductaed toffs? Same thing for gambling. You won't find any doctors filling out the football pools cuopon, and you won't find any solicitors sitting down the betting shop putting up 50p for a 10 match accumulator. Sure, some rich people do gamble, but it's much more prevalent in working class communities than it is with the silver spoon brigade - and it certainly isn't a sign of wealth.
>>
>>16590101
I can sort of agree in a sense that women can't understand the appeal of sports, while guys can't understand why anyone would watch "10 Whores In A House"

We're just wired differently.
>>
>>16590120
Exactly, you enjoy the cycle of nothing changing and it not mattering but having something to fill your conversational gap just like women. It would be hard to actually talk about something interesting or have an idea of your own that isn't an opinion of a tv show.

>Did you see that Cardinals game last night, John?
>Yeah, wow, they got pummeled. Bad game, Steelers definiately have a shot this year

>Did you see the Kardashians last night, Kate?
>Oh my god, yes! I can't believe she did that to Scott!

What a hobby.

>muh masculinity, lololol
>>
>>16590137
Bullshit. I am winning in both of my leagues right now in fantasy. And this >>16590055 is me. I'm a chick. I know plenty of girls that love football. I don't watch any reality tv. I play/code video games and love football.
>>
File: 1447015203942.jpg (101 KB, 566x581) Image search: [Google]
1447015203942.jpg
101 KB, 566x581
>>16590149
>>
>>16590149
>winning in both of my leagues right now in fantasy
>love football

Stop pretending that you actually like watching football. Fantasy is for casuals.
>>
>>16590172
Madden is where it's at, am I right bud?

Pass, Sweep, Rush, Punt, Kick, Lateral, Reversal

So complex and interesting
>>
>>16590158
I'm sorry my dad loves me and yours didn't

>>16590172
>fantasy is for casuals
Sounds like someone sucks at fantasy
>>
>>16590201
My daddy actually did things with me like taking me to historic buildings, cities, destinations, plays, and museums.

Probably why I'm not a football watching plen and have more fedoras than you can count.

Thank god my dad didn't just sit on the couch drinking coors yelling at people on a screen he doesn't know 3x a week.
>>
>>16590198
If you say so. Wouldn't know because I haven't owned a game system since 2010.
>>16590201
>Sounds like someone sucks at fantasy
Probably, but never bothered to get involved. I actually enjoy watching the game of football without all that peripheral garbage. I suppose that's too boring for your A.D.D. ass.
>>
>>16590217
I have madden '99 if you want to come over.
>>
>>16590218
Is that code for fucking?
>>
>>16590222
No, it's on Nintendo 64.
>>
>>16590217
Nah I watched football for 20+ years before I got into fantasy. I just love the competitiveness and getting to talk football with other fans that know what they are talking about. The point being loving football led to me doing hobbies that stem from it. But to each their own.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.