[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people pursue their interests in terms of their careers?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: bike photography.jpg (93 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
bike photography.jpg
93 KB, 640x360
Really, all jobs are fundamentally the same (i.e. they become dull over time and all jobs have their own shitty aspects), so why not just find a job with stable employment, status and high pay?
>>
>>16589247
because that is their passion?
>>
>>16589247

if you like your job you don't mind working hard.
if you don't like your job you might get a burnout or a boreout.

but i understand what you mean. every job becomes dull over time. focus on the shit that does matter, family, hobbies etc.
>>
>>16589283
>every job becomes dull over time
Yeah, so why the fuck would someone not pick accounting or actuary and become a math teacher.
>>
>>16589247

Why the fuck do you keep asking this question? What answer are you looking for? Jesus.
>>
Why do people think in stupid dichotomies assuming that 'everything' and 'all' are concepts that accurately describe life and complex situations?

Why, OP? Are you really that fucking stupid?

Oh hi, I just finishing school and wondered if I should rather pursue my interest in terms of my career, or maybe 'just find a job with stable employment, status and high pay'. They only have these two options in my country, so any advice what to go for?
>>
>>16589247
This OP used to post this same question once a week. Now he's doing it twice a week.

He's not looking for answers. He just wants to vent his own prejudices.

/thread
>>
>>16589361
Yeah, so why don't these people just pursue what they like as a hobby? Why major in Music instead of Medicine/Engineering/Actuary (in the UK where you do it as undergrad) when you can play the guitar during weekends?
>>
>>16589345
I just don't get it. Everyone responding to this thread says that it is ok for people to pursue their passions yet in other threads people say no or tell OP to pursue their interests as a hobby in their spare time (eg >>>/trv/1061300 )
>>
Because the alternative involves posting the same question again and again on an online forum for weeks on end until someone gives you the answer you want?
>>
>>16589513
…what?
>>
>>16589526
Ur an faget
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.