[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
friends put me down
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
My friends, well one in particular, doesn't really talk to much shit in the flesh, but on our group chat we have with some other people, the truth really comes out and he puts me down to no end. I basically have nothing to say back to insult him, because he makes it clear that he has everything better than me.

>has a gf and I don't
>high gpa with achievements while I had a rough time in school
>money
>everything

I just can't win, and he gets off on making fun of me and making sure I know I'm inferior. Advice would be to drop him as a friend, but when we chill he's usually normal. It's only online where I get ripped to shreds or when he's got an audience with us he has to impress. I know that's two-faced, but I don't want to retreat and hang out with other wimps. I'm a man and nobody can strip me of my self-worth, as hard as they try and even if they rattle me a bit. How do I assert myself and bite back?
>>
>>16588317
just tell him to stop being a fucking cunt, if hes actually your friend he'll stop
>>
>>16588321

Won't work, he'll just go all 'u mad brah?' On me
>>
>>16588325
Then punch him in the mouth
>>
>>16588326
Then I'd have lost my cool completely and lost the psychological battle.
>>
>>16588332
honestly though he sounds like an asshole, I had a friend like that once, he would call me ugly every day i saw him. I didnt say anything to him at the time because I was a pussy, but as years went by he got super fucking fat, and started balding at 21. I told him how ugly and disgusting he was. I told him how he looked so much worse than me because my face was genetically displeasing while he had the choice to change his fat as shit disgusting figure that not only made him ugly as fuck, but it also made him a lazy shit head. Needless to say he doesnt make fun of me anymore, and hes now my roommate.
>>
so if his response if u mad brah? then stop being friends with him. who needs an insensitive prick who has to put others down? not you. him only doing it in front of others is a bullshit reason to say it's okay. even if he's okay just 1 on 1
>>
Are you in decent shape, or at least better shape then him?

"Notice how you never talk shit in person, just online at your audience? Yeah that's because you know I'd kick your ass and you're a coward. You mad brag?"

Then you talk shit about him being a coward, and a wimp whenever he brings up his gf or money or whatever.
"Oh yeah ____(his gf) is nice. And since they hooked up ____(your freind) doesn't have to worry about getting his lunch money stolen" . Just consistently do that in game. Doesn't matter if the shit talk is good or not, just that you keep it up. Be nice in person. One of three things happens.

>he enjoys shit talk, everything is fine
>he gets pissed off and rages, possibly ending your friendship or leading to a compromise about ahit talking
>he backs off with the shit talk

Just because you think he's better then you doesn't mean he isn't insecure. Everyone is insecure, and shit talk isn't about being better, its about identifying insecurity. If he could kick your ass, just find something else to rip on him about. Protip: doesnt have to be true just an insecurity. If you can't think of anything just play the waiting game, gf often lead to breakups. That should give you some ammunition, more so if its messy.
>>
>>16588374
this is what i'd do if i was immature. drop the friend unless you're immature too
>>
>>16588376
Dude, we are posting on 4chan, and this guy is playing videogames with a group. Everyone here is immature, get over yourself. Dropping a freind instead of trying to preserve said friendship is hardly mature, BTW.
>>
>>16588348
How I'd love to see my bullies (who were handsome and got girls, so was I but I was a male pussy) get fat and bald so I can fucking mock them so hard
>>
>my friend is a dick and spouts edgy memes when I call him out on it
Stop being his friend, are you retarded?
>>
hes not your friend

stop talking to this faggot
>>
>>16588317
That's not your friend.

You are either underage or retarded.

Either way, reported.
>>
Why do you need to 'win'? What do you have to gain by hanging out with some faggot that a) doesn't respect you and b) makes you feel like shit for his own benefit?

Tell him to stop being a disrespectful shit. If he continues to do it punch him in the face. You have no right to get sour over this petty shit if you can't stand up for yourself.
>>
What a fucking cunt. Stop being friends.
>>
>>16588332

Bro, it doesnt matter. Either leave him and the group he is in, improve yourself, or punch him in the mouth.

Those are the answers.
>>
>I'm a man and nobody can strip me of my self-worth
Taking verbal abuse doesn't prove you a man. Leaving the room when someone acts like a dick doesn't make you less of a man. It's the kind of mental trap that makes you vulnerable to abusive people. Try to simplify the situation: if he's talking crap and you're not enjoying it then leave and go do something that you enjoy.
>>
>>16588325
Then he's not your actual friend and you should stop deluding yourself.
>>
>>16588374
That's sort of what my guy did to a friend that was a bit verbally abusive. They'd go back and forth with insults, and it was generally funny, but the other guy would take it too far. Because he knows that his friend is homophobic, and has made out with another guy while drunk, he just went from intricate, hilarious insults to the short, simple, and stupid, "Fag." He's not the type of person to even use that word, so it caught his friend off guard, and the friend never knows how to respond to it.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.