[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will the CIA want to hire me if I major in International Relations
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1431135444282.jpg (331 KB, 600x840) Image search: [Google]
1431135444282.jpg
331 KB, 600x840
Will the CIA want to hire me if I major in International Relations and German?
>>
>>16574056

Nein.
>>
>>16574056
You want /adv/?

Don't work for the CIA
>>
>>16574061
Warum nicht?
>>
>>16574064
Why...? It's lucrative, job security and benefits, and interesting.
>>
>>16574066

Darum. Sie wollen Leute die konnen etwas machen - e.g. soldaten (Pararescue, Rangers, etc) oder Wissenschaftler oder ...I forgot how to say accountants.

Basically, you won't know how to do shit with that major. At best you will get some desk job that doesn't actually relate to CIA work in any way.

Oh, they also hire former AF/Navy intel guys, but those are boring as fuck jobs.
>>
>>16574081
Ich sehr...
As I figure it, I'd just rise from a desk job to something more interesting with hard work. If not, I wouldn't mind being a Cryptologist or whatever for the AF for a few years. What would you suggest I major in if I would be clueless? I wouldn't mind doing embassy work.
>>
>>16574096

Don't know to be honest. Embassy work isn't work you get without connections to the best of my knowledge.

I think your chances would be good with comp sci in a top tech school because reasons. Other than that, probably navy nuke (for clearances) or cryptology and get a stats/comp sci degree while you are in.

Honestly, I don't think it's hard to get a job with an ABC, it's hard to get an ABC job with an ABC.

Everyone and their mother knows German + German is useless compared to Arabic/Farsi right now.

And International Studies...unless you are at an ivy, it's basically women's studies. As usual, I am not trolling, this is genuinely my understanding of the degree in terms of usefulness.
>>
You're a naive idiot with no idea how the world works. Fuck you.

PS: German? Get fucked. The Germans have not been the enemy since WWII dumb fuck.

Arabic, Farsi, or Russian.
>>
>>16574115
Well that's a shame. There's no way in hell I'm doing comp sci, and I hate Arabic/Farsi stuff. I suppose I could settle for Russian, but what about linguistics or diplomacy?
>>16574122
Ficken dich du Jude Schweinehund.
>>
>>16574147
Fick dich or ficke dich. And I'm almost sure that "du" is flying over the sentence without being really usable.
If you want to be insulting, use Jud or Jid, since Jude is just "Jew".
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.