[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So this neighborhood cat usually chills near our backdoor on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: IMG_20151216_142019279_HDR.jpg (2 MB, 1836x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151216_142019279_HDR.jpg
2 MB, 1836x3264
So this neighborhood cat usually chills near our backdoor on our deck. She was pretty skinny in any case. She had been doing okay.

But this morning i found her in the small forest behind my house unable to walk. Every time she tries to use her back legs she stumbles.

She would meow all the time too, but now only makes quiet whimpers.

Any ideas? Do raccoons or squirrels attack cats?
>>
File: IMG_20151216_142023892.jpg (2 MB, 1836x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151216_142023892.jpg
2 MB, 1836x3264
I can't take it to the vet, I have a final exam in like two hours. Also it's not really my cat. :/
>>
Can't you take her after the final?

Unfortunately miracle cat cures fall outside this board's expertise. I realize that vet bills are expensive, but she's clearly sick or injured, and if you do nothing she might die -- quickly or slowly, I can't say, since I don't know what's wrong with her. If you simply can't deal with the responsibility and expense of taking care of her right now, which I do understand, you could at least contact a local shelter (if there are any reputable ones near you), animal control, or possibly a nearby rehabilitator. You can easily google for any of those and even if they can't provide treatment, then might be able to point you towards someone who can, or give you a better idea of what to do next.
>>
As the former owner of countless amounts of cats there is a really good chance she was attacked by a stray dog, another cat, or in some cases a coyote.( all of which have happened to my cats). What I also know is that stray cats that hang around usually have several other homes they hit up for food and stuff. Try putting a pic of the cat on Facebook or something and maybe someone will recognize it. Good luck on the final exam
>>
animals die
>>
File: image.png (30 KB, 268x198) Image search: [Google]
image.png
30 KB, 268x198
>>16573317
>>
>>16573275
if you can, take the cat to vet after the exam, it looks serious
>>
Yeah I would really suggest taking him or her to the vet after your final exam
>>
File: IMG_20151216_142053211.jpg (2 MB, 1836x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151216_142053211.jpg
2 MB, 1836x3264
>>16573325
Yeah I think I might need to.
She is barely able to make a sound, it's really making me sad. She wont eat anything, only the milk I give her, but I don't know if that's good for her. And she has trouble with that too.
>>
>>16573321
Get out.
>>
>>16573407
You do need to. She's hurting. Do the right thing.
>>
>>16573470
I just reread that an realized it sounds like I'm encouraging euthanasia. I'm not. That depends on what's wrong with her. It might be a possibility, but I'm just encouraging you to get her treatment, period.
>>
>>16573407

Milk actually gives cats diarrhea, get some kitten milk at the store or a nice wet food and try to feed it to her. Also take her to the vet sooner rather than later, it sounds like she's in really bad shape.
>>
If there's no visible signs of injury and she's old it might be cancer
>>
>>16573407
Please try to take her to vet. She doesn't look that old so it might be just some injury, could have been hit by a car or

>>16573903
You do realise that if she was hit or kicked there might be no external signs because well, cats have fur, so unless bruising is really bad and there are open wounds (as skin is chaffed or torn) you can't see it? My dog was tortured to a point when he literally couldn't move and had his throat sliced (nothing too dramatic, wound was shallow thanfully), but anyway, when we found him and lying we couldn't see any visible signs of injury because he's a collie and his thick fur literally obscured all injuries.

The point is you don't always have guts lying around and buckets of blood, some stuff are internal or not visible. Cancer is probable too, but only vet can tell.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.