[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did you get a girlfriend/boyfriend /adv/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 10
How did you get a girlfriend/boyfriend /adv/?
>>
I was asked out, I said yes, the end.
>>
I made here laugh
I chatted with her about a common interest
I invited her to a event I was attending
She said yes
After said event I texted her casually
Made a agreement to attend another event together
>repeat 2-4 times
eventually there was a mutual agreement of dating.
>>
> chat
> chat
> chat
> hug
> hug
> hug
> hug
> romantic hug
> kiss
> kiss
> kiss
> propose going steady
>>
Went to meetup event. Talked to a woman for maybe half an hour. At the end of the event she asked my IM contact. Kept talking. Met her 3 more times one on one. She said she felt good and relaxed with me, so I asked her if she wanted to be my gf.

It lasted 3 months, it was shit. My first gf experience.
>>
I'm pretty so I just say "be my boyfriend" and they do.
>>
>>16571659
If you were as pretty as you think you are, they'd be doing the asking, not you.
>>
piss in anus
>>
I finished a bottle of vodka with her and was able to have an intelligent coversation with her afterwards. Dated her for a couple of months.

Coincidently that's exactly how my dad's friend met his wife.
>>
>>16571673
BTFO
>>
>>16571653
Underrated post
>>
>>16571637
Go to online dating site, send hooks, see what takes the bait, reel in my pick.
>>
>>16571637
We met on omegle, kept in contact and started skyping, both started getting feelings, he asked if I want to make it official and now we're in love. Haven't met yet but we skype almost every day and we have plans to meet in a few months.
>>
>>16571637

Met her while waiting in line at a beach cafe.
Had a few laughs, saw her on the way out, asked for number.
Took her out to lunch a 4 days later.
Told her to be my date at party 2 days later.
Fucked her that night.
Kept fucking her and another girl for about 3 weeks.
Other girl kind of faded out.
Kept fucking main girl for another month, no strings attached.
Had a conversation with her, decided to make it official.
That was 4 years ago, we just moved in together.
>>
>met through mutual friends in high school
>became very good friends
>talked every day nonstop
>became absolute best friends
>closest we had ever been to anyone in our lives
>he asked me out
>I said no
>years go by and we only get closer and spend more time together
>admit my feelings
>we become couple
>happy end
>>
>>16571640
Such is life as attractive woman.
>>
>fall head over heels in love with friend of friend
>he's unsure but chase after him without giving up anyway
>make him a romantic mixtape for his birthday
>he's mine

In the end I fell out of love with him and the relationship went to shit, but hey, details.
>>
I chatted with him frequently for a couple of weeks.
Lived close to one another but didn't have a clue.
He asked if we could meet.
We met and became best friends.
2 months later we became a couple.
We've been together 6 years in January.
>>
File: 50b1f895afa96f5a5e000003.jpg (24 KB, 400x323) Image search: [Google]
50b1f895afa96f5a5e000003.jpg
24 KB, 400x323
>>16572271
>yfw I've had several attractive women ask me out on separate occasions
>>
>>16572203
Just for curiosity,why didn't you say yes the first time you were asked out by him?
>>
Met one in the cafeteria of one of the dorms at my university. We hung out, she eventually dropped her boyfriend over the break, I took the opportunity.

Met another at freshman orientation, stayed friends with her, when she dropped her boyfriend over the break, I ran the same play.

Met another through a student org. We hung out for months, became friends, and then hooked up over dinner and drinks. We made our feelings known and that was that.

One was working at an arcade in town as a P/T job. I asked her out, we dated for a few months.

I joined a fencing club. We stabbed each other, became friends, started dating. We're still together like 9 years later. We got a girlfriend, too.

TLDR; most of my relationships and even short term (under 6 months) relationships were kicked off by being friends first. I also met all of them by going out and being social. By way of just going solo, or being in an organization, or heading out with friends for a drink or two.
>>
>>16571637
She gave me her number and cute so I texted her
>>
>>16572331
I didn't have those kinds of feelings for him (yet), or anyone for that matter, I wasn't ready for a relationship, I was going through some issues with depression, and I was just too young (in high school at the time).
>>
>met in high school
>thought he was obnoxious
>ignore
>end up having free period together
>hang out
>oh no he's cute and funny
>one day he puts his hand on my thigh while sitting next to me
>blush the shade of a thousand tomatoes
>mutual friend keeps texting him "when are u gonna ask her out"
>eventually he does
>say yes
>still dating 3.5 years later

Feels good, man.
>>
>>16571653
chat about what?
Can i skip the chatting part and go straight for the hug and kiss part?
>>
>>16571637
getting a girlfriend: become the most charismatic person in the imediate surrounding at that moment, always be able to come up with witty and funny comments, have money to take a girl to do fun stuff, pretend to be interested in her mundane unremarkable life, maximize your looks as much as possible, be a sociopath who takes whatever he wants yet an empathic person at the same time

getting a boyfriend: have a vagina
>>
>>16571673
lrn2 reading comprehension
>my post specifically said that no guy ever has asked me out
(: (: (:
Don't hate me cuz U aint me <3 <3
>>
I came home drunk one night and my roommates had a couple friends over. One of them was cute and I found out we shared a bday within 3 days of each other. A few weeks after that I took her sailing on my boat, went rock climbing in a canyon a few weeks after that, then went to a music festival together. After a couple months of knowing me she left her bf of 6 years and I swooped in a few weeks after. Been about 6 months now going strong, she's great.
>>
>met at a party
>he texted me "hey, had a great time, wanna give me ur number?"
>he called me later that night
>we clicked
>went to his place a couple days later
>fell in love
>>
>>16571637
>tfw not a single woman has ever showed any kind of romantic interest in you
Thank fucking god for hookers. I don't know what I would do without them.
>>
>>16572928
I feel like you're the one who lacks reading comprehension.
>>
>>16572984
Work out, dress better, make more money, talk to girls, be more social. You know, be normal.
>>
>tfw talking to two girls
>tfw you find out they are actually roommates
also
>tfw only girls who talk/hangout with me on a regular basis already have boyfriends
>>
>>16572779

t. didn't have feelings for beta, wanted to slut it out with the chads in HS and college, later realized no one wanted her used and abused pussy hanging like a wizard's sleeve so she went back to the open-armed beta
>>
>>16572967
How did he text you for your number without your number? Continuity error the second line of your story. I suggest not being a creative writer.
>>
>>16572927
gold
>>
>>16572967
>asks for your number via texting
I too fall in love with idiots
>>
>>16572967
>he texted me
>asking for my number
Do you realize how retarded this sounds? Sure sounds like a keeper.
>>
>>16572927
What are you going to do about it? Refuse to get a girlfriend until other men raise their standards?
>>
This is what happened with the legitimate girlfriends in my life not counting flings or really short term things -
>met on campus in college, asked to come hang out and watch a movie, kept going on dates and began dating, lasted a few months
>worked together, talked a lot at work, asked her to go see a movie with me, continued seeing each other outside of work, became a couple, lasted about a year
>met a girl who was friends with my female friend and former roommate, hung out in a group setting a few times, asked her out to dinner with me, began dating, lasted a few months
>began using eharmony, hit it off with a girl on there, went out on a few dates, became a couple, lasted a couple years
>began using match.com, met an awesome girl on there, went on a few dates, became a couple, eventually married her, about 5 years together
>>
>>16572989
I workout 5 times a week and I'm currently a student.

But I have tried to be more social, but it the same fucking thing happens over and over again.
>meet new people
>become friends
>hangout
>show genuine interest in their life
>1-2 month pass
>have to initiate any kind of social activity
>feel forced
>give up
>alone

This circle has repeated itself so many fucking times I've lost count. I'm done at this point. I'm not saying it's not entirely my own fault for my situation.
>>
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 431x336) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 431x336
>>16572996
Actually you couldn't be more wrong.

>tfw he was even my first kiss
>>
>>16572271
Naw, he was only the second guy ever to ask me out. I was 21 at the time for reference, and not unattractive
>>
>>16573012
Just ask her to coffee, chat her up, go to a place where there's a park or downtown where you can walk around. Take her to lunch at a local interesting restaurant. Take her to a local concert or comedy club. Just take initiative.
>>
>>16573001
Haha this. Immediately I was like what...
>>
>>16573037
>Just take initiative
If I take anymore initiative it would have to be rape. I can't force them to go out with me, if they say no...
>>
File: 1447356041948.jpg (64 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1447356041948.jpg
64 KB, 720x960
>>16572328
>tfw women you don't know flirt and come onto you and you get nervous
>>
>>16573041
Are you charismatic and funny?
>>
>>16573049
I doubt I'm charismatic, but I've often been told I'm funny; and people tend to laugh at my jokes or what I say.
>>
File: 1447535649021.png (477 KB, 523x523) Image search: [Google]
1447535649021.png
477 KB, 523x523
Why are there so many threads on this? I feel like everyone who asks is trying too hard or cares too much. Females are literally easy as fuck to garner interest from, it's like shining a torch on the carpet in front of a cat.
I would have to keep myself locked in my room and not leave to stop myself from getting involved with females, if I didn't have a girlfriend already. Oh wait... That's probably the reason why these people can't find girlfriends.

You need to expose yourself to casual social situations where human interaction is required beyond a basic meeting needs basis, like a party or gathering or whatever the fuck you want to go to.
>>
I just kept lifting weights until someone loved me
>>
>>16571637
$300 and an hour in a hotel room. We broke up immediately after that though
>>
>>16572271
I am a guy and, in all of my relationships, it was the girl who initiated, because I'm too insecure to ask. I guess I should say that I only ever had one relationship so far, but it was cool while it lasted and we ended in good terms.
>>
>>16573108
Gold.

Honestly I got hammered on St Pattys I ran out of beer and she followed me in my room. We dated for 2.5 years after that.

Since then nothing. But eh it is what is.
>>
File: really.gif (725 KB, 229x264) Image search: [Google]
really.gif
725 KB, 229x264
>>16572967
> Texts you
> Can I have your number?
>>
A few of my past relationships started with the girl asking me out. It all just fell into my lap.

Regardless of how the dating starts, what makes the relationship happen is understanding a person's needs and being honest about your own. Everyone has different expectations from their relationships. If you're a half-decent person then you should be able to provide those things for most people. In my opinion, bad matches happen less often because of sheer incompatibility and more often because one or both people simply don't know what they want. Or if they do know, it's not realistic or sensible in the context of a relationship. Two people who have their shit together should be able to get along regardless of who they are. Add attraction to the mix and you can make sparks pretty much everywhere.
>>
>was at party
>friend told me girl said she wanted to fuck
>didn't fuck her
>went home and she messaged me on FB
>said we should hang out sometime
>did
>got GF
>>
I developed a crush on my closest female friend, told her I liked her one night when we were both drunk, and she told me she thought she might like me too but didn't think she was ready for a relationship. I didn't have any other prospects and dammit, it was a pretty high octane crush, so against my better judgment I kept hanging around her. After a couple months of flirting but nothing really physical, she asked me one night, "you'd be pissed if I started dating anybody else, right?" I was like, "oh yeah, absolutely," and she said "me too." "Does that make us boyfriend-girlfriend then?" "I guess so." And we had sex the next day. Been together three years.

In retrospect, it was a pretty painless, no-bullshit way to enter a relationship.
>>
>>16571637

desu the best way to get a solid, lasting relationship is to stop looking for one and make good use of your current singlehood by doing shit to improve yourself and your life
>>
File: chloroform2.jpg (42 KB, 750x600) Image search: [Google]
chloroform2.jpg
42 KB, 750x600
>>16571653
> chat
> chat
> chat
> chloroform
> fuck
>>
>>16571637
>Friend calls me up, says he and his fiance have set me up on a blind date with her best friend
>Promises to pay for food, movie, and my first drink
>Reluctantly agree - figure the bribery means she is a gargoyle
>Arrive at the theater
>Sweet baby John the Baptist - she's gorgeous!
>Long black hair, bright blue eyes, 1,000 watt smile, D cups, dat ass
>Watch some rom com - she has a lovely laugh
>Go to dinner - she is NOT a vegetarian or any other bullshit: she throws down a steak like a Russian soldier
>Go out for drinks - she drinks whiskey
>amIinheaven.jpg
>She is going to one of the Seven Sisters for a STEM degree, was a professional (as in working in recording studios for real money) musician at 15, and was a competitive swimmer until she got a huge rack, still swims every day
>Kiss her goodnight, it is like the 4th of July
>Immediately ask my friend WTF is wrong with her that she isn't wifed by a millionaire already
>"She's got a 130 IQ, she is in STEM, and she's hot. The brains scare the jocks, the tits scare the nerds. You're a cryptographer and linguist for the department of defense and are into competitive orienteering. You're both Catholic and mean it. We think you might be the only man for her and she might be the only girl for you"
>Told him I was going to wife her
>Turns out she was telling his fiance she hoped I'd wife her
Married 18 months later. She was a virgin on the wedding night.
>GOML
>>
>>16573011
>went on a few dates, became a couple, eventually married her, about 5 years together

Good for you.
>>
>>16573012
i think you might come across as clingy.
>>
File: Neato.jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
Neato.jpg
9 KB, 225x225
>>16573303
This post is extremely ridiculous.
>>
>>16572927
>be a sociopath
>but also be empathic
You mean you should be an ordinary well adjusted individual? What you are describing isn't sociopath behavior. Poor choice of words.
>>
>>16573344
Yet true
>>
File: Hi.jpg (5 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
Hi.jpg
5 KB, 259x194
>>16573415
Yep.
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.