[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tattoo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: DSC_0003.jpg (2 MB, 3920x2204) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0003.jpg
2 MB, 3920x2204
Want to get this scar covered up with a tattoo. Any suggestions or pics of your own greatly appreciated.
>>
>>16570797
You're getting a tattoo for the wrong reasons. If you have to ask what you should get, you shouldn't be getting anything. I'm currently having laser tattoo removal done, and it's a slow process. If you're ashamed of your scar, wear long sleeves. You'll only make the problem worse by getting a tattoo to cover it.
>>
>>16570797
Story on scar?
>>
>>16570797
Tattoos are best if they've got personal significance to you. A scar is plenty cooler than a tattoo desu, why do you want to cover it up?
>>
Got pins and plates put in my arm after I broke it. It looks horrible in real life, I've had it for a while now and I want it gone. Want another tattoo anyway so this seems like the best place.
>>
File: tattt.jpg (15 KB, 236x365) Image search: [Google]
tattt.jpg
15 KB, 236x365
>>16570797
>>
people need to stop asking strangers online what tattoos they should get
>>
>>16570908
I'm asking for suggestions
>>
It's a bit funny/ironic that if the doctors made your scar cool and jagged instead of completely straight, it would have been more aesthetically pleasing.
>>
get a tattoo of your own face
>>
Don't get a tattoo over your scar. I fucking hate when people do that. If anything, it draws attention to your scar. Plus it's hard to tattoo scar tissue, so less experienced artists will fuck it up.

My sincere advice is to overcome whatever issue you have with your scar.
>>
>>16570944
It talks to me
I need it gone
>>
That kind of scar is going to be very difficult if not impossible to cover up, per se. It's going to stand out against any background.

For that reason, I suggest a different approach: don't have a background. Instead, keep the entire tattoo (or at least the most important parts of it) contained within the scar itself. The ancient symbol of the caduceus -a staff with two snakes twining around it- comes to mind: draw the staff on the scar, and then add the snakes around it.
>>
>>16570953
Time to get your schizophrenia properly treated.
>>
File: m8.jpg (233 KB, 1024x696) Image search: [Google]
m8.jpg
233 KB, 1024x696
Heres some
>>
>>
>legit how the fuck
>>
Just make another scar on the other arm to match
>>
turn into a cool centipede B)
>>
>>16570818
I'll answer that for you - they fractured a bone and had to get it plated/screwed back together. I've got the exact same scar on my left wrist.

You can even see the stitching on either side of theirs.
>>
I have the same scar on my right forearm.

Unless you're a grill and the story behind it isn't embarrassing, there's no reason to cover it up.

Even if it's embarrassing, make up a story. I rarely get asked my scar and I doubt you do. Basically, use the money you'd use on the tattoo on a therapist instead. Talking about it will take you much further than covering it up.

>>16572394
Also this. Used to turn mine into caterpillars, centipedes, dinosaurs, etc. all the time.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.