[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I made a girl have a seizure
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: 1443693411445.png (163 KB, 413x451) Image search: [Google]
1443693411445.png
163 KB, 413x451
This morning in my civics class we were doing a debate about abortion. I brought up the fact that if abortion was illegal it would result in more unsafe illegal back alley abortions. I used an example of coat hanger abortions. I didn't even go in detail or explain what they were, I just said “like sometimes they do coat hanger abortions” or something like that. But the next thing I knew this girl fainted and started having kind of a seizure. She turned literally green, she was having muscle spasms, her arm was stuck out all the way to the right, she hit her head on the desk behind her, her eyes flipped back so all you could see was red and white, and she was making some weird and eerie sounds, like muffled groans. It didn't last very long but it was still really scary. Someone ran to the nurse and the teacher had all of us except the girl go into the hall. The nurse took her to the health office and we all went back into the classroom. The teacher told us that she had said she was really sensitive to the topic of coat hanger abortions and this happened a couple of years ago in her health class. I don't exactly feel guilty because of course I didn't do it on purpose and you can't censor everything before you say it, but I feel bad that it happened and I feel bad that I kind of caused it. I guess the girl was fine, and she didn't have to go home, but it was still crazy.

My question now is what do I do? That class didn't like me before this happened and I'm sure they like me even less now. I'm just dreading having to go back to school tomorrow and see them. That's not a huge deal though because I only have this class until the end of January when the semester is over. I just don't want this to spread around school and have people know me as the one who made that girl have a fucking seizure. I know I didn't do anything wrong but I think other people think I did. Thanks for your help, I appreciate it.
>>
Stand your ground and be confident. Don't be a cvck.
>>
>>16569666
Pretty much this.

Inquire about her status and show that you're emphatic with her, but don't let them shift the blame on you if you didn't do any graphic explanations there.
>>
It may have been a debate, but abortion is a pretty heavy topic. I'd fall into the shadows for a while.
>>
>>16569653
Yo that's crazy if it's true.
>>
>>16569653
fucking dumbass, please kill yourself.
>>
1. Apologize to her. If you can't do it in person, do it over Facebook or text. Not just a simple "I'm sorry". An apology consists of you're sorry, why you were sorry, and throw some regret and lament in there for good measure. Don't make it all about you, though. Let her know if there's anything you can do to fix this, you will.
2. She got any friends? Apologize to them too. Not as long obviously, but be like "Hey, I just wanted to let you know that I absolutely did not know what I would say would make that happen. I'm sorry I hurt your friend, and I just want you all to know I would never have done that on purpose"

And that's how you handle it like not an autist.
>>
>>16569745
Why? He didn't do anything wrong. Fuck all that bullshit.

Maybe just a short apology to her, saying you didn't know etc.

Beyond that he literally did nothing wrong.
>>
>>16569745
If Trump teaches boys a single thing from his candidacy, it's that a man never should ever say "I'm sorry" unless he's going down for crime and a plea to the judge is his last chance to avoid the death penalty.
>>
>>16569745
Funny. I have Aspergers and I would do exactly what you described. You might need to readjust your prejudices, pal. Just sayin.

But I have to admit I would do this because it just makes the most sense on a cognitive level. And I would do 2 just because of this. 1, though, would have been done because I would really feel bad to have caused such mischief by accident. We're not emotionless monsters, buddy.
>>
>>16569653
Maybe you should seize talking about abortion around her.

>>16569745
>And that's how you handle it like not an autist.
No, it's quite the opposite.
>>
>>16569769
>Implying Trump doesn't talk dangerous bullshit at all.
I laughed. Trump is an asshole.
>>
>>16569653
So why on earth was she in a debate about abortions???? Foolish girl.

As for people not liking you, you should enjoy being able to trigger these pathetic faggots. You're a 4channer, you should know how to revel in hatred.
>>
>>16569653
>This morning in my civics class we were doing a debate about abortion.
>The teacher told us that she had said she was really sensitive to the topic of coat hanger abortions and this happened a couple of years ago in her health class.
She brought this on herself, you did absolutely nothing wrong. She did not have a normal reaction and I honestly wouldn't be surprised if she staged this. I have epilepsy (full on gran mal/tonic clonic seizures), and having a seizure after hearing "coat hanger abortion" sounds like complete bullshit. I've known people like that who will act a certain way, or make shit up, just to completely stop a conversation from happening.

Don't apologize.
>>
>>16569653

It's an awkward situation, but you didn't do anything wrong. I don't think you need to make a big show of public apology like the other anon said, I think that would be pretty ridiculous. You had no idea how she'd be affected by what you said, and it sounds like you were actually making a point about the topic at hand in the discussion. You've got nothing to apologize for.

But if I were in your shoes, I probably would talk to the girl next time I see her, just ask how she's doing, be sympathetic, say you didn't know about her condition and you'll be more sensitive around her in the future.
>>
>>16569800
This is so fucking cringe worthy holy shit. I'd rather listen to Kids Bop then read your aspie-infected comment again.
>>
>>16569814
Than*
>>
>>16569814
>foolish girl
lol who actually fucking talks like this aside from autists who are imitating Disney villains?
>>
>pretending to have a seizure because someone says something you don't like
This world is retarded
>>
>>16569653

Just don't give a fuck OP. You didn't do anything. You shouldn't even feel bad.
>>
>>16569745
what the fuck? you have actual autism please go

OP did literally nothing wrong. it's not his responsibility to keep everyone safe.. your average person can discuss things/listen to lectures on heavy topics and not have a seizure... she must have been severely traumatized somehow. not your fault. if anyone DOES blame you for some stupid crazyfuck reason, just ignore them desu. they are retards and you didn't do anything wrong.

i would not bring it up with her at all. it was probably embarrassing for her, just let it be. you dont need to make some autistic apology speech.

>>16569814
this

>>16569812
yeah it is possible she did. its also possible shes having a psychosomatic response to being very upset. people can get very real, tangible physical illness from psychological upset.
>>
>>16569745

do you have mental retardation? why the fuck should he apologize?
>>
>>16569813

This is probably the best advice. Don't apologize, but don't be an asshole either.

(but seriously though, why would she attend the debate on abortion if she can't handle hearing about abortion?)
>>
>>16569653
You are over thinking things, you didn't know, it wasn't intentional, you were debating a topic.
>>
The girl needs to apologize to OP for being wuss. Anyone who can't handle TALKING about shit that happens in the real world needs to get professional help before they start engaging with others on real issues.
>>
>>16569813

Do this and move on.

You're overthinking things. She's fine and you weren't doing anything on purpose. It definitely is startling to see a seizure in-person (new friend of mine had one and I was freaked out a while after) but there is no reason to hide away since this was an accident and there was no ill will.

On the topic of your standing in class: you're not going to make friends everywhere you go. If you're pissing people off left and right I'd reevaluate your behavior. I'm considered a 'good guy' but there are still people that don't like me.
>>
>>16569745
spotted the sjw
>>
>>16569745

Holy shit. Do not do this.

Making it a big deal between her AND her friends is awkward and weird as fuck. Most people probably know it wasn't on pupose but I'd still talk to her, make sure she's okay, etc. the next chance you get. That's the most 'normal' thing to do in this situation. Crucifying yourself for this is just fucking weird and stupid.
>>
OP here, thanks for all the replies. And yeah I know I don't have anything to apologize for. It wasn't my fault. I just don't want to come off as an unsympathetic asshole who doesn't care about people.
>>16569745
Probably not going to go this, seems a bit too much. I don't think she would appreciate a long apology anyway.
>>16569787
Of course I'm not gonna talk to her about abortion. I wasn't even talking to her directly, she was just in the "audience" listening and taking notes on what we were saying.
>>16569800
I'm not a 4channer. I just go on 4chan. There's a difference bud
>>16570029
It's not that I'm pissing people off it's just that I don't have any friends in the class so I don't really talk to anyone. Also yeah I am overthinking things
>>16569813
This is probably what I'll do.
>>16570029
Agree with the second half of this. She should go see a therapist because you can't have possibly an epileptic disorder and have it go unaddressed.
>>
>>16569666
Does this fucking board just use "c u c k" as a synonym for "beta" or "weak person" now? Even a fucking filter can't keep you from using it in practically every thread. Holy fuck are you people annoying sometimes. Insecure and obsessive too. It's ugly.
>>
Kek

My mom had an abortion but is vehemently anti. It's retarded. Stand your ground but be empathetic
>>
File: 1449372876824.png (250 KB, 306x408) Image search: [Google]
1449372876824.png
250 KB, 306x408
>>16569883
>what the fuck? you have actual autism please go
as soon as i read >>16569745 i thought the same exact thing
>>
File: yule_marble_sculpture2web.jpg (12 KB, 380x337) Image search: [Google]
yule_marble_sculpture2web.jpg
12 KB, 380x337
Given that the instructor came up with the topic, it is the school's fault, not yours. Any reasonable person could have foreseen that a student would bring up something gruesome.

Therefore if the school tries to pull something on you, bounce it right back at them.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.