[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I stop worrying?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: Anxiety.jpg (36 KB, 539x513) Image search: [Google]
Anxiety.jpg
36 KB, 539x513
I've come to realize that there hasn't been a single moment in like past 6 months for me that I wouldn't be worrying about something. I'm always worrying, when I get one task out of my head, I get stressed about the next one.

I've been fighting depression for a while now and I think that this is one of the reasons that is preventing me from recovering.

Any tips?
>>
>>16565567

right now, stop what you are doing and take a deep breath. close your eyes and just breathe deeply for thirty seconds. think about penguins, or cats, or dogs, or something fun.

then think about the last time you had a cold and you couldnt breath and it was frustrating and stressful both in the moment and with thoughts of the future. sucked right?

now breathe some more and think about how great that is. focus on the breathing.

congrats, thats the first step. the best way to stop thinking about things you worry about is literally to STOP. you can condition your brain to do it.

now open your phone, go to the calendar right now, and schedule two events per day at random times, and set your phone to vibrate. now twice a day for the next week your phone will vibrate. when it does, you stop whatever you are doing, and just savor the moment. if you are eating, just focus on the flavor. think of how good it is. listening to music? think of how emotional and nice the song is. watching TV? enjoy the show. too edgy to think any of those things are worth savoring? then always savor the fact that you can breath.

this conditions your brain to interpret these normal daily events as REALLY positive experiences. in time you will become one of those guys who seems way too excited about all this ordinary daily stuff. people will hate you because they arent as happy as you are.

the second thing this does is teaches your brain to randomly stop worrying and focus on the now. most of your worrying and stress is about the future, not the now. so focusing on whats happening in reality around you is great.

cures depression and your worrying. dont say 'ill consider that' or 'ill copy paste this and do it later' open your phone RIGHT NOW and do it otherwise you never will. a week from now when your events run out, do it again, right as the last notification pops up.
>>
>>16565878
other great things to do
>enjoy a cold beer while sitting in a hot shower
>take at least 1/2 hour a day to either read a fantasy novel, or play an old school video game, something silly and fun and easy (Avoid grimdark things with high difficulty as they will only stress you more)
>go for a walk, at least ten minutes, every day, preferrably at night, to get you out of your house. think about animals when you do this, or some other non-life related topic
>>
whatever you do, you will always find something to worry about. just like those people who are bothered by everything, and no matter how they "improve" themselves, they still get bothered by something.

im like you mostly, especially in difficult periods.

i guess both you and i have some deeper issue we need to work on.
>>
>>16565878
one of the best things ive read here

if not the best one

damn anon, you are amazing
>>
>>16565893

thanks! its something i started subconsciously doing myself when i decided i wanted to be happier in life and it helped a lot, so i have it as part 1 of a 2 part way to turn your life around, but I've been typing it from scratch each time.

i should make a more refined version that i can copy paste.
>>
File: index.jpg (5 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
5 KB, 259x194
>>16565893

>THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST
>>
>>16565900
i was actually worrying irrationally about something, and my worries about that can actually make things worse because my performance at this and most other things can seriously be threatened by my irrational fear.

after these 30-60 seconds i feel like i saw things the way they are. i saw that i dont really have a reason to worry. heck, even if those things actually happen, i still dont have to be afraid.

also, yes, do write more.
>>
>>16565909

keep it up and make a pattern out of it, its worth it let me tell ya.

the less you worry, the more you realize you can handle the situation too. and if you dont, its not even that bad once you get passed it.

messing up is kind of like getting a shot. theres that sting for a solid ten seconds, then life continues.,
>>
>>16565922
thanks

best of luck to you anon
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.