[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>in relationship with partner for 3 years now >move in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: FB_IMG_1441569848362.jpg (80 KB, 639x960) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1441569848362.jpg
80 KB, 639x960
>in relationship with partner for 3 years now
>move in together 3 months ago
>partner always saying I need to do things around the house
>tells me what I need to do on my days off, go shopping etc
>always expects me to cook every night, make him a sandwich for lunch for work, do the washing and more
>work 12 hour shifts for about 40 hours a week and he still expects all this.

What do I do anons? I'm getting a bit sick of chasing after him all the time and it feels incredibly unfair.
>>
So you work like 3 days a week? Or you don't work 12 hour shifts and work 4 days a week and do 10 hour shifts. Regardless you have 3 or 4 days off. Quit your bitching.
>>
Just talk to him about it.
>>
>>16564955

>you work x amount of time
>your partner is now your life commander

Hell, even if I worked 2 hours each second Sunday, that doesn't mean that my significant other has valid grounds to expect me to do anything but whatever the fuck I feel like in the heat of the moment.
>>
>>16564955
No anon. I work 12 hour shifts 4 days a week, 3 days off but my Rota varies. He works as well but does nothing on his days off. As soon as I have a day off he gives me a long list of things that need doing.
>>
I wish I was in a relationship with someone who wanted to get stuff done all the time, I wish I was more productive in general. Maybe you're just bad at refusing him OP so he always expects you to do it. If he's literally shouting orders at you then definitely leave him. Also your workload doesn't sound too bad.
>>
>>16564999
Watch out tripmaster, you're currently reflecting your own wishes on op's situation.
>>
He doesn't want a partner, he just wants a maid he can fuck.

I had a relationship like that. The key word is "had"

I'd mop, vacuum, washing, dishes. I'd say what I did, and he'd acknowledge it.
I drove him everywhere and did his shopping because he couldn't drive.
I would scrub the kitchen, shower, bathroom.

He would clean his one dish because he microwaves all his meals (hipster vegan who wouldn't eat sugar) and that's all he would do.

When I asked him to help around the house he would say "it's not like you do much"

I broke up with him when the sex stopped and realised I was medicating myself to make him happy.

Some people you can't please.

Now have someone who doesn't give a shit if the place is spotless and I want to keep the place clean because it makes me happy. Not going to live with him though- it fucks up every relationship I've had.
>>
>>16564928
FOR OP AND EVERYONE READING THIS:

Before you move in with someone, as spouse, lover or roommate, you get things like this settled to everyone's knowledge and acceptance. You may not both/all be happy with your share of the chores, but once you've agreed on them you do your part.

Your problem is not that your partner expects too much from you. It is that you gave him full rein to expect all he wants by not setting the ground rules from the start.
>>
ITT OP is a lazy cunt with a boyfriend she doesn't deserve

Don't like it, breakup and move out, it's that simple.
>>
>>16565266
This

>always expects me to cook every night, make him a sandwich for lunch for work, do the washing and more

If you're a woman and can't even perform a modicum of what's required from your sex then you're the reason why western culture is dying. You're literally bitching about making sandwiches. Breakup with him, he deserves better than a lazy hoe shitposting about doing trivial tasks. Though you won't because you like the D too much.
>>
>>16565280
>>16565266
b8
>>
>>16564959
Actually yeah it does, he can expect you to be productive with the household and care about his well being like in a normal relationship.
I think op should move out and find a doormat boyfriend with a smaller dick.
>>
>>16565316
Kek
>>
>>16564966
Insist on doing things together, or "I'll do this if you do this." Split the burden, and if he's an asshole about even that, drop him.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.