[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
With proper training and practice, to what extent can one control
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: lucid-dreamer.jpg (67 KB, 600x489) Image search: [Google]
lucid-dreamer.jpg
67 KB, 600x489
With proper training and practice, to what extent can one control dreams? I'm a lewd guy, and am interested in doing some perverse shit. On the semi-rare occasions I've gone lucid, I've managed to do some stuff but wake up pretty soon after I try anything.
>>
Complete control anon. I am talking about seeing a hot girl, holding her hand leading to a back alley and fucking her.

You can fuck any girl you want in your dream and do whatever you want.
>>
Look into lucid dreaming. There's a ton of information out there about it if you're dedicated.
>>
I should also add that when I go lucid, my sense of touch doubles. Main senses are still in the dream, but just below the surface I can feel myself in my bed and feel my eyes closed.
>>
Lucid Dreaming allows complete control over your dreams and feels very realistic. They can be done with a lot of practice, the downside being that you might end up having trouble differentiating between reality and dream.

Protip: stay away from mirrors.
>>
>>16563407

I have more experience with this than 99.9% of the people here and on /x/.

1. I could never look into the distance. My mind would refuse to render it. I think it has to do with human working memory limitations.

2. Exerting control always leads to me waking up or struggling to stay in the dream.

3. I have a hard time generating clear imagery at will.

I am sure there will be plenty of replies about how "just because you can't do it, doesn't mean others can't" but I also knew a lot of people who were into it, back in the day. Very dedicated too. They reported very similar.

I was mainly interested in it for the Tummo blood flow healing concepts - a lot of research supports that injuries heal faster with blood flow/oxygenation and Tummo has been showing by a Harvard professor to increase blood flow to an area.

Anyway, that's my .05.
>>
>>16563435
I've never looked in a mirror, but I have tried reading books. It's so fucking surreal to see the words melt and blend as I'm looking at them. It's like dyslexia on steroids.
>>
>>16563449

>tfw popular culture got something right in terms of magical languages in fiction
>>
Do reality checks throughout your day. Take a few seconds and say to yourself "is this a dream". Eventually that question will appear in a dream and as you test the reality around you you will realise you are in a dream and go full lucid.

It will work, it can take some people months to gain lucidity however. Perseverence is key.

Also, ignore that shit about mirrors. It is your reality, theres no danger there.
>>
>>16563480

I don't like DILD. Reality checks and keeping a dream journal take up a good part of your day and form stupid habits.

I also wonder if it affects your sleep quality (LD in general, not entry technique).

I am interested to hear about everyone's WILD techniques and sensations. Something weird happens to me that I can't explain and is reminiscent of something that shouldn't be real. Being vague as fuck on purpose.
>>
>>16563446
>1. I could never look into the distance. My mind would refuse to render it. I think it has to do with human working memory limitations.

I've been able to do this since trying psilocybin.
>>
>>16563522
I'd prefer to stay away from using such substances.
>>
>>16563531
They're pretty great. Much better than Marijuana or alcohol.
>>
>>16563522
>psilocybin

lol, did you ever see that theory about people evolving after someone accidentally tripping on shrooms (Terrence McKenna or something).

Anyway, you lucid? WILD OR DILD? If WILD, tell me about it.

In fact, tell me more about it in general, considering you are one of the few people on here I know not to be full of shit, at least some of the time.
>>
why are people so obsessed with lucid dreaming its overrated as balls. you dont actually get to control as much as you think. just your person. thats it. setting, time, place, other people, all of that is beyond your control. if the dream is boring and you know you need to sleep you just wait the dream out. ive literally just gone to a corner and 'chilled' in some of my dreams until something better comes along or i have to wake up.
>>
>>16563480
this is bull fucking shit by the way. part of lucid dreaming is knowing youre in a dream. you dont need some faggy reality check. you just inherently know
>>
>>16563626
I remember once I was dreaming that I was back at my childhood home. As I went to the backyard gate, I thought "Wait a second, I don't live here anymore."
>>
>>16563649
wasnt a lucid dream then

>Awareness of the dream state (orientation);
Awareness of the capacity to make decisions;
Awareness of memory functions;
Awareness of self;
Awareness of the dream environment;
Awareness of the meaning of the dream;
Awareness of concentration and focus (the subjective clarity of that state).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucid_dream
>>
>>16563626
>>16563649

While I believe you had that particular experience, you don't know what you are talking about. Reality checks are the most reliable way to lucid regularly. They are also a huge waste of awake time.
>>
File: skeleton keys.jpg (31 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
skeleton keys.jpg
31 KB, 300x400
It's not about how much YOU can control your DREAMS.... it's all about how much you allow your DREAMS to control YOU!!!!
don't you see, it's a mirrored existence?
to control more of your dreams and get control within them, you must allow dreams to become more significant and influential to what you do in your waking hours.
>>
>>16563732
in this way, the two existences which normally seem separate, begin to enmesh into one organic life experience from which you can draw infinite wisdom and power....
>>
>>16563713
well i cant really say if they help you to LEARN how to lucid dream because i never had to. all my dreams are lucid, period. that said, KNOWING youre in a dream, regardless of how realistic it is, is something thats just part of it. at a certain point you shouldn't need to because you just know.

>>16563732
/x/ go pls
>>
>>16563732
>>16563738

>>>/x/

>>16563741

>/x/ go pls

Didn't see your post before I wrote above. Anyway, if you lucid normally, you are an exception. Most people don't "just know."
>>
>>16563755
my post was not paranormal shit. it's the truth. i'm living proof. AMA
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.