[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to find hobbies?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: kill_yourself.jpg (35 KB, 500x408) Image search: [Google]
kill_yourself.jpg
35 KB, 500x408
I dont have anything to do besides playing vidya. I would focus on education since i am about to face college next year but i cant get my shit together and i drop focus when i study. I guess i should find a hobby. What are your suggestions anons?
>>
See something you find cool, do it.

Youtube,4chan,reddit,real life. These are examples of places you can find these things.
>>
Boxing. It's amazingly addictive. You'll be fitter faster and know how to handle yourself
>>
File: Old_Shambles_in_1904.jpg (70 KB, 694x456) Image search: [Google]
Old_Shambles_in_1904.jpg
70 KB, 694x456
Anything that doesn't involve staring at a lighted rectangle.
>>
I have played piano for more than twenty-years. I always play classical music. It swallows my spare time but this is priceless.
>>
>>16561449
This. Artistic hobbies are best hobbies.
>>
>>16561434

Vidya in itself is a hobby, you dont have to give that up. For me i randomly started going to the gym with a friend to basically fuck around and it quickly turned into a proper routine and 2 years later i'm doing it 3 times a week and loving it. So you never really know until you give things a try, what you dont want to do though is commit to something that requires a lot of time for little reward, especially if you're going to study next year
>>
>>16561459
Well, I considered going to gym but at the moment i just train at home. No proper routine, too lazy to actually make a plan or diet. I want to get bit stronger, because im somewhat interested in rock climbing.
>>
>>16561460
Oh, forgot to add that games may be a hobby but it isnt the same it was some time ago. It started to bore me.
>>
>>16561463
>>16561460

We're very much alike in a way, i was in your situation just a few years ago, i was on a gap year from studying and literally did nothing but play video games, i am 24 now and though i still game time to time it's more of a last resort then a lifestyle like it used to be.

You should look up the routine starting strength, it's very simple and what started me on my fitness journey, the progression in strength and physique improvements keeps you motivated and excited to continue, as i used to be a heavy gamer as a kid i often relate it to the satisfaction you feel improving your character in an MMO, it's much the same feeling.

Rock climbing is cool too, but i can see it getting boring over time.
>>
>>16561434
You should try, if you're alerican and over 18 (i assume both are true), to get a gun and try target shooting aka plinking. Maybe grab an SKS someday to go innawoods. You'll also likely be ready if SHTF
>>
>>16561715
Not american, no guns for me.
>>
>>16561768
go for airsoft instead then
>>
>>16561443
>Reading novels is bad
>Writing scripts is bad
>drawing on a tablet is bad
>media manipulation is bad
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.