[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I got my ears pierced (standard piercing) 3 weeks ago and I was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: meepmeep.jpg (22 KB, 450x308) Image search: [Google]
meepmeep.jpg
22 KB, 450x308
I got my ears pierced (standard piercing) 3 weeks ago and I was told I cant change them for 6 weeks. I've been spraying a sanitizing antiseptic spray on it and they feel healed. Would I be able to change them earlier? Has anyone changed earings earlier without infection?
>>
Let's says you had an shoulder operation where they had to insert a piece of metal in your shoulder bone because you fractured it.

The doctor says that you shouldn't carry any weight on your shoulders for at least a month.

After two weeks, you feel like it has healed. Could you start carrying weight earlier?
>>
Comparing a ear piercing to a major surgery isn't fair though.

I was more meaning if I could put new earrings in 5 weeks instead of 6. If the earrings are sanitized and of the same metal what is the problem there?
>>
>>16561393
That you have inflicted a wound in your ear and it has to heal before removing or inserting new stuff in it. Maybe you have a fast healing factor but they say 6 weeks just to be sure, and you should adhere to it.
>>
>>16561393
>Comparing a ear piercing to a major surgery isn't fair though.
Not really. A piercing is smaller, yes, but the healing process works according to Pretty much the same principles. Don't fuck with the doctor's orders; suck it up and wait a week.
>>
>>16561385
do it,

then when you break your shoulder you'll fucking listen to the doctor next time
>>
It's not ready yet. And you really shouldn't be spraying that kinda shit on a piercing also, just soap and water.. Antiseptic sprays usually say not for use on deep or puncture wounds which a piercing is..
>>
There is absolutely no rush. You're probably not dying any time soon. Wait the full six weeks.
>>
>>16561385
Wait 6 weeks how much of a child are you?
>>
>>16561372
Get rid of that shit. Does nothing for you. Period.
>>
>>16561372

1- stop spraying that shit on it
2- soak your new piercings 2x daily in a salt/warm water solution for a minute. no neosporin or vaseline or hydrogen peroxide or any bullshit. all you need is salt water.
3-do not change your jewelry for the first 6 weeks
4-do not turn your jewelry, you'll disrupt the scabbing process

it's that simple
>>
>>16562085
>>16563132
The woman who did my piercing told me to.
>>16563121
Wut?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.