[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is 22-23 too late to go to college whilst still not knowing what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 1449872475909.jpg (250 KB, 534x488) Image search: [Google]
1449872475909.jpg
250 KB, 534x488
Is 22-23 too late to go to college whilst still not knowing what you want to go to school for?
>>
File: Eremitalpa_157_Edited.jpg (53 KB, 500x337) Image search: [Google]
Eremitalpa_157_Edited.jpg
53 KB, 500x337
Nope.
>>
If you have the money colleges will literally not care.
>>
>>16560669
Any age is a bad age to go to college if you don't know why you're going.
>>
>>16560697
Why do you say that? Most people don't know what they want to do with their life when they're fresh to academia. There are prerequisite courses and undecided students for a reason.

Use your first couple years of getting general classes out of the way to decide what you're most interested in and then declare a major. You won't be alone trying to figure it out.
>>
>>16560697
Go for the drugs
>>
>>16560713
and the pussy
>>
>>16560734
Yeah there you go OP, booze too. And friends
>>
>>16560745
I won't be too old?
>>
>>16560747
I'm 20 and I'm friends with a 50 year old guy in my lecture, we've gone out for drinks and he gave me free mead that he brewed himself
>>
>>16560669
>Is 22-23 too late to go to college
No
>whilst still not knowing what you want to go to school for?
If you're enrolled in higher education for more career opportunities, yes. If you don't have a plan you'll flounder around and waste money.
>>
>>16560753
Always wanted to try mead. What's it like? Also, just curious cause I don't want to be seen as a bum that didn't/doesn't know what he wants to do with his life.
>>
>>16560768
Very sweet with a slightly bitter aftertaste. When you chill it the bite goes away completely. Very dangerous if you love alcohol.
>>
>>16560768
That's every university student man, no one really "knows" what they want to do. you'll probably drift from course to course. No one's gonna judge you and if they do it's probably because they don't know either
>>
It's not too old, no, but you should stick with a community college until you've figured out what to do.
>>
>>16560669
Professor writing here.

It is never too late. In most American colleges between 25 and 50% of students are "older" - anything from mid-20s to 40s and above. College isn't just for 18 year olds anymore.

In the American system, most of the first two years is taken up by required courses, general ed, and "taster" electives, so you have time to discover what you like and what you're good at.

In my experience, "older" students are almost always the best. You're more mature, more motivated, more focused. And there are enough of you that you won't feel alone or out of place. Some colleges even have a special advising office or Dean of Older Students.

Do it.
>>
I'm a third year med student and there are people in their 30s in my year so no it's not too late
>>
>>16560669
nah brah. I did community for 9 years, 17-26. I plan on going back to uni just for girls when I'm 30. shits cash
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.