[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want a tattoo that shows I over came depression, I want it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: 1445750114141.jpg (56 KB, 480x474) Image search: [Google]
1445750114141.jpg
56 KB, 480x474
I want a tattoo that shows I over came depression, I want it on the left or right side of my upper back.
>>
>>16557748
Need some advice on what 2 get
>>
Word of advice never make the girl in the picture so hot that it overshadows your piddly problem.

A phoenix is my best suggestion. Being reborn as a person who was dead before.
>>
File: image.jpg (505 KB, 2048x1434) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
505 KB, 2048x1434
>>16557748
Get a semicolon

;

It means the author could have chosen to end the sentence but instead chose to continue it
Or something corny like that

I saw it on Facebook
>>
A tattoo? To celebrate not being depressed? Brah, I've got bad news....
>>
File: image.jpg (168 KB, 750x1243) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
168 KB, 750x1243
>>16557795
>>16557748
get some nice lettering on your wrist that says PMA
>>
>>16557752
A smilely with a set of eyes on both the concave and convex side so when your fucking a girl upside down she can see it is a frown too
>>
>>16557748
To invoke my own personal tastes for a moment: I'd discourage any type of tattoo, but it is your body, not mine.

If I did think tattoos were a good idea, I'd have it be:
>no branding whatsoever
>not even references to entertainment mediums (ex. 1-UP Mushroom, Twitter bird)
>have it be something original and personal
>have it be small (less than 2 to 3 inches)
>have it be somewhere hidden by most clothing, but not somewhere private (ex. between shoulder blades is okay, but not upper, inner portion of thigh)
>have it be black, no coloring
Those would be my rules, but as you can see they're pretty limiting. I'd say as long as it's personal, tasteful, and meaningful then it will be regarded higher by others and most importantly you.
>>
>>16557748
The depression will come back. It always does.
>>
tattoos are trashy and disguting
>>
Tattoos are for slaves and livestock.

Are you a slave? Are you a cow?
>>
>>16557932
Yes no
>>
>>16557748
"This Will Embarrass The Hell Out Of Me When I'm 40"
>>
The fuck OP?
>>
File: pwoQd_eE.jpg (18 KB, 456x456) Image search: [Google]
pwoQd_eE.jpg
18 KB, 456x456
>>16557748
>>
>>16557748
"I am welfare-class trailer trash"
>>
Just get some kind of small symbol that means what you want it to mean.
>>
>>16557748
"Born On Welfare - Will Die On Welfare"
>>
Get an anchor and the words "I refuse to sink".
>>
Actual advice would be to stop asking people online on what to get tattooed on YOUR body. That's like, the biggest indicator that you're not actually ready for a tattoo.
Anyways, figure out what you want, don't be a shithead and copy someone else's tattoo, and choose a good artist so you don't regret it when the meaning will most likely be irrelevant in the future.
I wouldn't get a quote or a semicolon or any of that stupid shit. Get an image that you'll like looking at years down the line.
>>
Op, you know that for people who get depressed it's rarely a one time thing.
Get your tattoo if you want, but be prepared for the depression to come back.
The tattoo isn't commemorating you "beating" anything since your depression will most likely come back.
>>
>>16557851
>has to be personal
>has to be small

Just draw your penis on your arm or something
>>
You never really overcome clinical depression, you just learn to deal with the waves of misery. Maybe the tatoo could be something related to sailing
>>
>>16557795
God thats gay shit im goin outside
>>
If you were really free of depression you wouldn't need to make such a display of self validation.
>>
>>16557748
massive cock
>>
>>16558797
If an anchor refuses to sink then it's a pretty shit anchor.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.