[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How screwed am I?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: dark dragon 2.jpg (19 KB, 472x348) Image search: [Google]
dark dragon 2.jpg
19 KB, 472x348
So i told the girl i like at work that i'm going out to the bars both nights this weekend with my friend.

She said okay. she's going out tonight with her roommate, and told me to text her later. Cool.

Issue is i text my friend, I didn't tell him any of this, i don't know him THAT well and he has laringytis.

What are my options here? Did I screw up?

I figure i have to wait to see if she texts me now, and tell her that he has laringytis, and see if she invites me out anyway? Or just text her and see where she is going.

Or do i just go out alone like some weirdo?
>>
Just tell her he got the ills and offer to still go. Pretty simple.
>>
Don't go, don't text her.

Wait and see if she texts you, or if she mentions you weren't there
>>
>>16556753
Don't lie, dude.

Just do what you said: you're going out with your friend to the bars.

Then do like she said: text her later tonight.

Not that tough.
>>
Yeah i think if she texts me, i have an in.

If she doesn't i have the choice to make.

Thanks anons.
>>
>>16556793
This is stupid. Don't do this.

Tell her your friend got sick and he can't out. Say you'd still like to go out but all your other friends have plans. Then she'll invite you to join her.
>>
>>16556844
probably what i'll do.
>>
>>16556844
And OP will go, be awkward, make a bad impression well he's ignored by girl for her friends, who pity-invited him. If OP had the social skills to do that, it'd be a great idea. It isn't, given the spaghetti out of pockets that's already been relayed to us.

If you don't text her, the following will happen:
>she texts to ask where you are
This shows interest. Now he should say whats up and then invite himself to come chill with girl

>she waits but doesn't text til the next day, asking where OP was
Also shows interest, OP can use this opportunity to say he'll see her this night instead, or make a new date (since OP obviously didn't have plans with this girl, just a casual 'o text me if you're there')

If she doesn't text at all, make new plans that actually directly involve her
>>
Hey, are you still going out? My friend has laringytis and had to cancel. Would you like to meet up? I'll be at *insert place* at *insert time*
>>
well, she did text first...
>>
>>16556887
>>16556883

So i guess scenario A is in effect, lol.

I just need to make sure i'm cool and that i don't spill my spaghetti and that her friends like me.
>>
She just came back and said.

"we'll probably jump around from bar to bar, i hate to make you follow us around."
>>
>>16557082
ouch.
>>
>>16557082
Just play it cool, brush it off like you're doing other shit anyway and ask her for a movie or something alone some other time
>>
so op reporting here, initially i didn't play it cool, i said, eh, two drinks won't kill me. Then i read these comments, and i texted back before she texted me that i was falling asleep.

That's when she texted me back right away saying, "but we were just about to head out!"

So we texted back and forth for a while, usual banter while she was out. Then i walked to meet her. And it may not have been perfect but i think it went alright. She said you may be 29, but it's more attractive than these younger icky boys. So I'm feeling alright.

Thanks anons!
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.