[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best way to tell my parents I don't want
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: Front.jpg (64 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Front.jpg
64 KB, 300x300
What's the best way to tell my parents I don't want to continue (community) college and learn about producing music [>inb4] and stuff. Also I say could get a retail or a part time job.
>>
Bumps
>>
>>16555022
why would you need to drop out of college to learn music production?
what are you studying?
>>
>>16555022
Don't tell them at all. They will find out when they bump into you on the street asking strangers for change.
>>
>>16555175
You think you're making a damn right change in the world don't ya

>>16555170
I just don't feel like going on with college really
Psychology
>>
>>16555189
How far into your degree?
>>
>>16555194
Well I just started this year. 2nd sem. so a long time yeah
Ps there's no tuition fee
>>
>>16555204
You want to turn down free education?
>>
>>16555213
Free =/= Quality

I can't keep up. I failed 1 or 2 classes, also the people are shit. Professors and students
>>
>>16555189
then change subjects, maybe even get a degree in music. It's a shit tier degree but so is psychology.

this just reeks of you being tired of your studies and wanting to lay on the couch for a while. There's no way you're gonna play around with a DAW, whatch some youtube tutorials and somehow pay the bills with that unless you're martin garrix, but he didn't quit school to do so.

I'm not sayin not to go for musicprod, I'm saying not to quit your studies for it.

Don't take my word for it, listen to david byrne:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZB3PkSHNX4
>>
>>16555225
maybe later
>>
>>16555213
>>16555224
It's gonna be real difficult to try and get better because I'm so behind
>>
>>16555233
then switch to something more usefull like electro technics or welding or something. that shit's gonna get you hired and allow you to build your studio.
Or man-up and get your grades going. If you can't even ace a pleb-tier study like community college level psychology, how on earth do you think you're going to even rise above /mu/ level musicprod? there's some really good guys on there who're happy with 300 views on sc.
>>
Bobooohoo My shit highschool passed me with no effort now I gotta try for the first time in my life and I don't want to.
>>
>>16555326
Poor you

>>16555262
Nice I'll try different things
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.