[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do women cut off their hair? This girl I've been talking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: jenniferlawrencecomparison.jpg (85 KB, 450x335) Image search: [Google]
jenniferlawrencecomparison.jpg
85 KB, 450x335
Why do women cut off their hair?

This girl I've been talking to is cutting off all her hair for a pixie hair cut. She knows that I love her hair long and that I think it looks gorgeous. Today she told me that she is cutting it all off but I can tell she wants me to be excited for her.

I'm about to drop all contact. How can I explain why I don't think she should cut it off without looking shallow.

>inb4 you're shallow

I have an issue with women I'm romantically involved in cutting all their hair off. One time I broke my ankle rather severely and my gf at the time cut her hair off because she wanted to punish me for making her stress.

The other time something like this happened my gf accused me of cheating and cut off all her hair off. It turns out she was actually cheating and wanted to do something that would make me hate her.

I don't know why I can't just find a woman who enjoys having a long hair and why is it that my luck somehow always finds me in these situations.
>>
She's cutting off her hair because she wants to get a pixie cut, and seems to be excited about getting a pixie cut.
That's pretty much all there is to it.
I wouldn't call you shallow because that's a silly thing to use as an insult, we all have things we do or don't want in a prospective partner.

What you do have to understand is that if she wants to cut her hair shorter you don't really have any business telling her that she can't. Especially because you aren't even in a relationship yet.

If you really want to be with her perhaps explain that shorter hair in a partner makes you feel uncomfortable - but be prepared for her to go off at you and break off... whatever you have; although that is a worst-case scenario.
>>
why? because sometimes they like the look of it and sometimes women have the gall to make choices about their looks without those choices aligning with whatever pleases the men in their life

don't be a controlling knob. if she wants to cut her hair off that's her choice. if you don't like the look of it, find a girl who prefers to wear her hair long.
>>
Also, if you tell her to not cut her hair for a reason other than the fact that you don't like it, that's lying and isn't really fair on her. Be honest, and suck it up if your honesty loses you a girl; lying about stuff like that always, always blows up in your face in the long-term anyway.
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 500x667
This is - weird. Who the hell would cut their hair to "punish" somebody?
Why do you dislike short hair so much? It can be exremely sexy/cute on the right girl.
>>
>>16552512
You should stop projecting.
Just because you've had two bad experiences in the past doesn't mean that this is an indication that the girl your talking to is crazy or will mistreat you like those other girls did.

That being said, I love my long hair and I will never cut it shorter than boob length. I have traditional, conservative values and I have found that many of my friends with long hair also have conservative values, but my friends with short hair have liberal values.

Also, there is nothing wrong with dropping contact if you no longer find her attractive. Much like weight gain, cutting/growing out hair can completally change a person's appearance, it's okay to have a preference. It just turns out that her preference is different than yours. Sometimes that makes people incompatable.

But as I said earlier, try not to let obscure associations with bad experiences hold you back from future oppertunities. If you really like this girl, her hair shouldn't be that big of a deal breaker.

You should tell her( in a non controlling way) that you find her really attractive with long hair.
"Oh man are you really going to cut it? But your long hair is so beautiful! :("
>>
The shitposting on /adv/ is getting a lot more subtle.
>>
>>16552537
perhaps I am projecting
I feel it is her choice absolutely and I honestly feel helpless cause I really like this girl.

I think if her choice is to cut her hair I should just accept it and move on. Thanks for the advice!
>>
>>16552544
this is shitposting

Op here and I can tell you I just wanted to talk to someone about this. You can always go fuck off if you don't like someone's post.
>>
>>16552533
The surgery/bills were really really stressful and I couldn't work for about 3 months after the injury. She just walked in one day and had it cut didn't say anything about it. We are friends now she has her hair long again and I asked her what that was all about. She confessed that she did it as punishment for the stress my injury caused.

Her words not mind. I don't fully understand it either but she isn't a liar and I believe her.
>>
>>16552566

On /adv/ there is a general statement posted for when a stupid question like this is asked, "Different people are different."

Refer to this statement whenever you are wondering why someone is doing something you disagree with.
>>
>>16552522
I won't be a controlling knob.
Never have been but I just wanted to talk about this and if there was any way to not be a controlling knob but still change her mind about the decision to cut it.
>>
>>16552512
Are you gay?
>>
1: long hair jabs into you like a million tiny spears, especially when you're trying to sleep

2: this is how women turn into wymyn

pick your poison
>>
>>16552521
you are absolutely right that this is worst case scenario.

I would never demand anyone do something. I just wish she wouldn't is all.
>>
>>16552544
This is actually what happens when you start to mature

You literally cannot believe that people are this stupid
>>
>>16552582
I wish you wouldn't care about what she does with her hair.

It really isn't your business
>>
>>16552581
OP here I actually have very long hair that runs down just below armpit length or nipple length I know the feeling you are talking about but just like short hair, long hair has it's pros and cons.

Yeah it seems short pixie hair turns women into tryhards in terms of feminism.
>>
>>16552578
No, heterosexual here
>>
>>16552589
me too.

God I wish I could just not give a fuck.. that would solve everything. I don't want to be fake, is there anything I can do that isn't fake?
>>
>>16552573
okay take your own and advice and fuck off please
>>
Long hair tangles, takes longer to style, and uses more product. I'm growing mine out from a pixie, and I'm already getting super annoyed by it. With the pixie cut, I could run a brush through it and be ready to leave the house in one minute.

Also,
>this girl I've been talking to
>I'm about to drop all contact
>romantically involved

Pfft. You sound like you're barely interested in her, anyway. Might as well move on. You're not even dating her, you have no say in what she does with her appearance.
>>
>>16552604
I never said I had a say in what she does. Just that I disagree with it.

You are giving me an argument on why short hair is superior to long hair when all I want to talk about is why and how should I respond without looking shallow/controlling/fake

so far cutting off contact seems to be very appropriate
>>
>>16552602

Nah, I enjoy watching spergs converse with each other. It is like an anthropological study for me.

I'm going to troll your thread and see if you can tell which posts I'm making.
>>
>>16552619
cool I'm about to leave though I got some good advice already.
>>
>>16552616
You asked "Why do women cut off their hair?"
I answered. Don't ask questions if you don't want answers. Anyway, you ARE controlling, shallow, and fake. If you're not going to talk to her anyway, why do you care if she knows that?
>>
>>16552635
he is neither controlling shallow or fake
stop being stupid
He's just a frustrated guy who has some emotional baggage

see
>>16552555
>>16552582
>>16552597

How about you read the thread before acting like a supreme cunt

>>16552626

You should leave yup
>>
>>16552512
This is funny to me because I always had the long long hair and I thought that was very important to my identity and sex appeal. Then when I met the man who would become my husband he asked me, "you would look beautiful with short hair" and that's when I knew he really loved me.
>>
>>16552512
>Why do women cut off their hair?
because its cute
>>16552521

/bread
>>
>>16552512
for the same reason men cut their hair: to make it more manageable.
Do you know how much money women spend on hair treatments? Long hair is a pain in the ass.
>>
I never date guys that have preferences for my hair, I find it crepe and invasive.

Protip: Hair can grow back.

>How can I explain why I don't think she should cut it off without looking shallow.

Just say it like it is, no need to sugar coat it. Why do you care if she might think you are shallow? If you are cutting all contact anway it shouldn't matter how she takes it. Unless you are worried about your reputation, then you aren't shallow but egosentric.
>>
>>16552648
Not that person you're responding to, but yea OP is kind of being a jackass for thinking his opinion matters in this situation. It's not his GF, and even then if she wanted to try a new hair style, he should support her. She's not his porcelain doll, to set on a shelf and never change, ever ever ever. OP is a kid that needs to grow up. Blaming his behaviour on shit from his past is puerile and belies a total inability to take responsibility for his thoughts and actions.
>>
>>16552512
Because they crave to be like guys. Empowered. They secretly desire to have dicks too, it's really quite sad.
>>
>>16552512

we were raised in a society of long haired women, so we find it more attractive. pixie cuts are becoming more popular but i find them gross looking.

the only thing i find worse is pic related, shaved on the sides and long on top. i find it disgusting that both men AND women are getting these haircuts. its so ugly, who in their right mind wants this?

but perhaps its just what i was raised seeing.

my recommendation is next time she talks about getting her haircut just say 'thats unfortunate, i really hate short hair on girls, and yours is so beautiful'

then as you say that get a big dreamy smile on your face and look into her eyes like you are admiring her one last time.

thats the key here, make her feel positive about her hair dont be a douche and say 'gross short hair' and walk away all mad.

she'll crave that sort of attention again, and might change her mind. if not, i dont think its shallow to stop seeing her. i refuse to go out with guys who have long hair, even if everything else abotu them is beautiful.

if you wont be friends with someone cuz of their hair, sure, thats shallow
but if you wont date them because of their hair, thats not shallow, thats a preference. dating is equal parts personality and attractiveness. if they arent attractive why would you date them? by that logic you have to date every uggo and only go on dates wearing bags on our heads.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.