[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How often/rarely does the average person think about death?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
How often/rarely does the average person think about death?

What can one do to prevent thinking about it too often?

Pic unrelated (kinda)
>>
>>16543484

death or suicide? since you said pic unrelated, ill say death.

i cant speak for othes but i think about death (and even suicide) quite a few times a day. almost as much as i think about sex or anything else.

on the other hand, i manage a small 'cult' like organization that revolves around reincarnation, so its hard not to think abotu death.
>>
If you have OCD like me then probably like several times a day even if you don't want to.
>>
I think of suicide frequently, several times a day. I'm not depressed, I'm not sad, and I have a perfectly fine life, but I just really don't see the point of continuing, so many times it crosses my mind..

Death? Once every few weeks
>>
>>16543484
I rarely think of death might be because I think somehow I'm going to live forever even though I'm successful I won't live forever which is sad
>>
I have frequent thoughts of not wanting to exist anymore.
>>
>>16543550
Death only, like the realization that you are currently living and one day that will stop
>>
Suicide constantly
>>
>>16543609
you poor fucker how much have you fucked up?
>>
>>16543644
why?
>>
>>16543641

we preach reincarnation, so the idea of it stopping never really comes to mind.

though the rare times it does are more comforting really. dreaming is not so great imo, but that complete darkness between dreams and waking up, the kind you dont realize exist til after the fact.

i wouldnt mind that forever. if you think about it you cease to exist once a day in your sleep. its not so bad at all.
>>
>>16543647
I haven't fucked up that much. I'm lonely, though.
>>
>>16543676
so why not meet new people maybe you will find someone who understands your
>>
>>16543695
I will meet new people in january when I leave for a new uni
>>
>>16543708
why are you leaving your old uni ?
sorry to question you, I'm a psychologist so I'm allays looking for the root of the problem.
>>
Why do you want to prevent thoughts of death
>>
>>16543733
Either no one else is doing it so it's a rather crazy thing to do or everyone else does it all the time but doesn't tell anyone
>>
>>16543760
It's in our animalistic nature to know our fate. Many animals can sense their death, many leave company for solitude. That you think of yours is nothing new. Many thoughts such of yours have passed through the minds of those who were eaten by worms centuries ago. If anything, you should think more deeply upon death itself.
>>
>>16543484
I thibk about it often. I try to change the channel and think of shit I like. The few things a person can do to prevent thinking suicidal thoughts is to seek professional help and if thats not an option seek help from someone who you trust, it also helps to think of awesome shit. I was never a positive thinker but I literally feel normal when I just use my imagination to picture myself doing cool shit and being surrounded by cool people during a happy occasion. Its no substitute for real life but visualization helps me and it makes me want to get up and take control because I believe my version of happiness is out there.
>>
>>16543550
>i manage a small 'cult' like organization that revolves around reincarnation, so its hard not to think abotu death.
STORY TIME
>>
File: e (54).jpg (55 KB, 400x411) Image search: [Google]
e (54).jpg
55 KB, 400x411
>>16543874

>mfw ive been sitting here hoping someone would say that

seriously tho

>1.5 years ago
>need a job
>go online
>looking for reception gigs cuz i have virtually no work experience
>get offered an interview for a psychic
>he already has an office manager
>i get the receptionist job
>a week later manager rage quits cuz he wont stop fapping at my desk and i told the boss
>i get promoted
>last guy was a hack, worst fucking person in business and out
>manage to get the office in tip top shape
>we have over 600 clients worldwide that i manage
>manage trips to various locations so that he can give big 'lectures' (re:sermons) for all his followers, as well as psychic readings, channel the dead, etc.
>mfw they all hold me in high regard cuz im a second generation validation spiritual incarnation

the basis for the whole thing is reincarnation, and im supposedly one of the most evolved in the world in terms to how many times ive reincarnated (though theres also a chance ive only ever incarnated once, but my spirit was 'created' already perfected.
>>
>>16543906
>the basis for the whole thing is reincarnation, and im supposedly one of the most evolved in the world in terms to how many times ive reincarnated (though theres also a chance ive only ever incarnated once, but my spirit was 'created' already perfected.
Are you of any firm opinion on the matter? Do you believe in reincarnation or are you just in it for the money and the bitches?
>>
>>16543653
I'm wireless, I don't mean anything. Not to anyone
>>
>>16543910

im mostly in it for the job itself. it pays well enough but with it i get unlimited paid days off, and eerything else about it is just really cushy especially for what i spend my time doing.

all that being said, yeah im a believer for the most part. i believe this sort of thing to be an art, not a science, but even the things i REALLY hate often turn out to be rather true (so far).
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.