[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>start dating girl (halloween) >sexually active, always
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
>start dating girl (halloween)
>sexually active, always wore condom
>we both get tested, both tell each other we are clean

fast forward to today
>she say "we can't have sex, i have a herpes outbreak"
>found out about it in august
>my mind goes thousands of miles a minute
>tell her that I need time to think about this
>she leaves because she is scarred to talk to me
>calls me, breaks up with me because I told her I need to "weigh the risks"

I can't really think clearly right now, is there anything I should do immediately?
>obvs get emergency tested asap
>should I message her?
>anything I can do?
>>
File: 1434467162641.gif (474 KB, 294x166) Image search: [Google]
1434467162641.gif
474 KB, 294x166
>>16543288
Get tested, never speak to her. She omitted the fact that she had herpes when you guys got tested, fuck her nigga. (Not literally).
>>
>>16543288
Woah calm down OP. If you have any questions about herpes, ask me. This isn't an emergency, but I agree that if she knew she had herpes and didn't tell you beforehand that's shitty.

STD tests don't rest for herpes. You have to ask for that specifically, and even then most clinics and GPs won't test for it.
>>
If you were lucky enough you might have not caught it, and after all if you did it isnt the end of the world, you should get revenge anyways though
>>
>>16543417
>STD tests don't rest for herpes.
Wtf WHY
>>
>>16543710
There's a number of reasons. Herpes is a complicated and unique disease. A huge amount of people have it, it doesn't require treatment, so doctors would rather not spend the time and money testing for it.

Even the CDC says it doesn't recommend routine testing, only testing when you have symptoms.
>>
>>16543288
Her reaction is pretty ridiculous and chances are she was fucking other people behind your back.

Just break up with her and forget her and get the tests done just to make you sleep well.
>>
>>16543288

>we both get tested

for a second i thought you said you both got pregnant. lul.

my advice? dont get tested anon. 1/5 people have herpes. of those people who DO have herpes, 4/5 of them dont even know it because they never show.

most STD tests (even if you order a full set) dont actually cover herpes because they dont want to scare someone who has it but doesnt show into not having sex.

until the day you show symptoms, assume you do not have it.
>>
>>16543417
She tested positive in august.
I got tested at a college clinic that specifically told me it was testing for it.
She got tested at a clinic, told me everything was good.

I have no symptoms yet, but I mean, the antibodies haven't had the chance to build up yet so the test that I did probably wouldn't have found anything. They told me it takes a few weeks until the test is 99% accurate.
>>
>>16543867
That's true. It can take up to 6 months even.

Even if you do have it, chances are you'll never show any symptoms. 80% of people are completely asymptomatic. Do you know what type she has?
>>
>>16543890
From what I understand she got genital herpes from when her ex with oral herpes went down on her.

She even threatened "If I knew you were going to leave me I might as well have not told you and let you get it."

I really fucking liked her, she quickly became my best friend. I'm so concerned for her, she's a freshman who is about to enter her first university exam season.

I'm just so disappointed that she exposed me to such a risk. The fact she told me she was clean after she got her test results back is just a huge slap in the face. It's like betrayal.
>>
>>16543383
>Get tested, never speak to her. She omitted the fact that she had herpes when you guys got tested
Did she? That's not how I interpreted OP.

>found out about it in august
I think that means OP found out from his gf in August after she immediately found out. Could be wrong though, and if I am, OP needs to ditch the bitch.

Hope I'm right, though.
>>
>>16543918

i wouldnt worry OP. herpes is REALLY hard to transfer from mouth to genitals,. and its less severe in general.

its literally cold sores. on your mouth. thats what oral herpes is. yes it can switch to gentials but thats rare. yes it can switch on to another persons gentials but thats even more rare, especially without a flare up.

i would not worry. i would not get tested again. herpes isn't that big a deal. eventually 100% of humans will have the herpes.
>>
>>16543918
Ah okay, so she probably has HSV-1. Though it sounds like neither of you are certain. Type doesn't matter much, but it's always good to know. The place you went to get tested might only test for HSV-2.

It can be a very emotional thing. I don't think it was right for her to keep it from you, and I can understand your feelings of betrayal.

However, herpes isn't really the big deal that most people think it is.
>>
>>16543934
>REALLY hard to transfer from mouth to genitals,. and its less severe in general.
>its literally cold sores. on your mouth. thats what oral herpes is. yes it can switch to gentials but thats rare. yes it can switch on to another persons gentials but thats even more rare, especially without a flare up.

To clear up misconceptions, it is not harder or easier to transfer herpes to and from either location. It's just as easy to transfer it from mouth to mouth, mouth to genitals, genitals to mouth, and genitals to genitals. It's all "cold sores".

You can just as easily have HSV-1 genitally, and HSV-2 orally.

Statistics are hard to get because blood tests can only determine which type you have, not where it is. The only way to know where it is is if you have an outbreak, which 80% of people never have.
>>
>>16543288
kill her
>>
>>16543927
see >>16543867
>She tested positive in august.
and >>16543288
>>start dating girl (halloween)

To sum it up: She knew since August and started dating him October 31st. They both got tested and she did not tell him about it.

>>16543918
>She even threatened "If I knew you were going to leave me I might as well have not told you and let you get it."
She is a bitch, a total bitch. That sentence alone should be enough to not even want to know her at all, much less have her in your life.
She obviously only thinks of herself and completely disregards your concerns and how you might feel about it.
Fuck that and get out of there. Make sure to tell her what a shitty person she is. I'd also advice you to warn people you know getting involved with her romantically.
>>
File: HerpesMeet.png (520 KB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
HerpesMeet.png
520 KB, 1360x768
>>16543983
>Make sure to tell her what a shitty person she is. I'd also advice you to warn people you know getting involved with her romantically.
Tell her about:
http://www.herpesmeet.com/
Not because you want to help her, because I guess she IS a turbo bitch, but because if she uses this website she will be less likely to spread herself onto the clean.
>>
>>16543927
>she knew she had herpes since august
>we met in october, started being sexually active november
>mutually agree to both get tested, both tell eachother we are clean

tldr: unfortunately you're wrong. she knowingly hid it from me for the entire month we slept together
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.